four

As the evening breeze gently rustled through the balcony, Shubman found himself drawn to the quiet serenity of the outdoor space.

Excusing himself from the lively chatter of his friends, he stepped outside, phone in hand, with the intention of calling Preethi.

With a sense of anticipation tingling in his chest, Shubman dialed Preethi's number, his heart pounding with nervous excitement as he waited for her to pick up.

"Hey, Preethi," he greeted warmly as her voice came through the line, a smile playing on his lips.

"Hey, Shubman," Preethi replied, her voice filled with warmth. "What's up?"

Shubman leaned against the balcony railing, a soft chuckle escaping him. "Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing," he said, his tone playful. "Missing me already?"

Preethi laughed, the sound like music to Shubman's ears. "Maybe just a little," she teased, her voice laced with amusement.

"But I mostly wanted to tell you how excited I am for our trip to Chennai. I can't wait to show you around."

A surge of warmth flooded through Shubman at Preethi's words. "I'm looking forward to it too," he admitted, a hint of flirtation creeping into his voice.

"But I have to warn you—I'm pretty good at getting lost. You might have to rescue me a few times."

Preethi laughed again, the sound light and carefree. "Consider it a date then," she replied playfully, her words sending a thrill through Shubman.

"I'll be your official tour guide."

Their conversation flowed effortlessly, filled with laughter, teasing, and the promise of shared adventures to come.

As they talked, Shubman couldn't help but feel a growing sense of connection with Preethi, as if they were already old friends catching up after a long time apart.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

As Shubman and Preethi continued their conversation, a playful energy filled the air, sparking a flirtatious back-and-forth between them.

"You know," Shubman began, his voice low and teasing, "I think you're going to have a hard time keeping up with me in Chennai. I'm quite the explorer, you know."

Preethi laughed, her voice light and melodic. "Oh, is that a challenge?" she countered, a hint of mischief in her tone.

"I'm not one to back down from a challenge, Shubman. You might be surprised at what I can keep up with."

Shubman grinned, his heart pounding with excitement at the playful banter.

"Well, I look forward to being proven wrong," he replied, his voice laced with anticipation. "But I have to warn you, I can be quite persuasive when I want to be."