Chapter 7 - Girl Meets Maya's Mother

Start from the beginning

"Yeah" Ryan shrugs. "It's no big deal. I turn 15 next month. The age difference isn't that bad."

"So what about Josh made you interested in him? You haven't been interested in anyone before?" 

"He's sweet, kind, caring, funny, adventurous." Ryan says with an adoring smile while thinking about Josh. "I don't know what it was but we just connected." 

"That's great, Ryan" Lucas says with a smile

"Yeah. I love seeing you this happy." Brandon says smiling before the smile drops and he takes on a serious expression, "But if he hurts you, I'll maim him."

"I'll help" Lucas adds 

Ryan laughs and says "Thanks Dodger, Cowboy"

"So other than the new boyfriend, how was Philly?" Brandon asks Ryan and they break out into easy conversation until they go home.

Ryan's POV:

The next day, I am sitting next to Brandon in art class. I don't like drawing and painting like I do photography, but it's fine. We are supposed to be drawing fruit, but I have been drawing a lily, like the one Josh gave me on our second date. 

"Why draw fruit? Let's draw a real work of art

"Why draw fruit? Let's draw a real work of art. That's right. Check out 48 lbs of nasty." Farkle says walking in wearing a blue robe, then goes to remove it.

"No!" Maya, Riley, and I yell while Brandon drops his pencil and covers both of our eyes with his hands. 

"Well!" Ms. Kossal says with a laugh "Looky here. The male... physique."

"Why thank you, art lady." Farkle says. Brandon peeks through his fingers and sees Farkle in a stripped bathing suit. 

"Oh thank god" Brandon mumbles before removing his hand from covering my eyes. "he's in a bathing suit." I breathe out a sigh of relief before picking my pencil back up.

"Why aren't we drawing Lucas?" Riley asks

"Because nobody looks like that." Ms. Kossal says after looking at Lucas' face for a second.