Twenty-Eight || Automobile

Start from the beginning

"Holy crap. How many family members did you have?!" Concerned, Gen exclaimed before his expression became tense, "Anyway, this Ukyo guy had Chrome and Magma pinned down when I came back. I really hope they made it out safely."

"Of course they will." You instantly frown, smacking his back twice harshly, "They will always find their way home... Hopefully."

Senku could only nod in agreement at your response, "She's right. We have to believe them."

Before the three of you were able to continue your conversation, a huge commotion outside the observatory was heard. Gazing outside, you noticed Magma had returned. 

Oh, you jinxed it.

One of the two had returned.

Magma was clearly exhausted when he entered the village and there was no trace of Chrome anywhere.

Without a second thought, you climbed down the ladder, fetching a wooden container filled with fresh water for Magma to drink.

"Here. Drink this." Worriedly, you held out the drink to him. Not waiting any longer, he snatched it aggressively and guzzled it down as if his life depended on it.

"Magma, where is Chrome?" Ruri inquired, noticing her friend was not around.

"He got captured." He replied nonchalantly before gulping down the drink again.

"H-He got caught by the Tsukasa Empire? Our Chrome?!" Suika cried out in terror.

"What?!" Abruptly, Kohaku grabbed her Katana and prepared to leave. 

She was not going to let Chrome become a prisoner; he was too valuable for the Kingdom of Science.

"Kohaku!" Ruri cried out with concern, "She can't rescue him all by herself."

Kaseki, meanwhile, chose to remain silent and take a step back, "Always ready to fly into action."

Kokuyo pointed fiercely at Kohaku, his eyes blazing with rage, "Stop Kohaku! Someone! A-Anyone!"

"How would we do that?!" Ginro argued back, "She's the fastest one in the whole village. Nobody's gonna catch her."

Unexpectedly, you were seen back in the observatory room with Senku. He was holding a megaphone before his voice became louder.

"Get back here. Right now, lioness."

Kohaku was still on the verge of running at that moment, just glaring at him. 

But when she spotted who was on his left, she abruptly stopped running — scared sweat trickling down her forehead.

"I'm not a lioness, Senku!" She shouted back at him, appearing to avoid looking at the person next to him.

Senku noticed that and turned to gaze at you, curious about what you had done. However, he saw that your expression shifted to a charming smile as if you hadn't just given Kohaku the scariest look she had ever seen.

"Woah. She stopped." In astonishment, the entire villager gasped simultaneously.

Thus, when she came to a halt, Kokuyo quickly grabbed his daughter, preventing her from fleeing. She continued to attempt to get away, but her father's strength was still strong enough to keep her in control.

"Father, let me go!" Kohaku protested. Meanwhile, Kokuyo hold her tight, shaking his head, "Don't be a fool. You think you can charge into an enemy territory all by yourself?"

"I-I gotta do something!" Kohaku objected, frantically waving her Katana around, "We can't abandon Chrome. He's one of us!"

"Who said he's not, Kohaku?" With a sneer, you took her Katana easily (which surprised everyone) and threw it somewhere unknown, "There's always a plan in case one of us get caught. Stay calm."