Ten || Explaining in Simple Words

"Alright, you two! What do we need to do to make that medicine?!" Chrome exclaimed with excitement, "We gotta help Ruri kick her sickness!"

Kohaku shouted too, her hands balled up, "If we can help my sister feel better, I'm ready to do whatever it takes!"

At the thought, you and Senku exchanged a brief glance before grinning in a very suspicious way.

There's even a feeling of mischievousness about the two of you.

"D-Do you see that?" Chrome asked worriedly, "That sleazy glint in their eyes tells me they want to save Ruri for their own reasons."

In an instant, you gasped dramatically and put your hand over your chest, "I would never!"

Kohaku sighed as she looked at you awkwardly, "Sorry, (Name). This time, I'm not on your team."

"NNOOOO!!" You fell to the floor dramatically, seeming to be weeping.

Senku, on the other hand, continues to grin shadily while ignoring your dramatic antics.

Shortly after, he picked up a long stick and started drawing on the ground. All you did was stand behind him and explain to your new acquaintances what he was doing.

"Well, the first project of the Kingdom of Science is making an antibiotic; A wonder drug that'll kill the hostile bacteria infecting our patient." With joy, you clarified, "Since it was invented at the beginning of the 20th century, it saved billions of lives."

Senku elaborated on the details, "We can't do any blood tests. We also have no idea what she's suffering from. But I'm sure it's still worth trying anyway."

Hearing that statement, it seemed like Chrome and Kohaku were running out of patience. 

They became enraged even.

"Yeah! Now let's get to work!"

"What do we need?!"

Senku deadpanned at them, and you just let out an anxious laugh while patting Senku on the shoulder to calm him down.

Which, oddly, worked.

"Oh, we're missing basically everything." He spoke blankly, "So pay attention, would you?"

You made a genuine effort not to cackle at how worn-out Kohaku and Chrome already looked from all of the explaning.

"There are two roots to make antibiotics!" You crouched down with delight and gestured to the drawing Senku had created, "There's the biological route — creating penicillin from living things — or the stone route — creating sulfur drugs from rocks."

"Wait just a minute. Living things? Rocks? How could you cure somebody with those?" Kohaku queried, not believing anything you said yet.

And yet, you smiled sweetly, having the patience to explain it, "Penicillin — which is made from green mold — is more well-known. But now? In this Stone World, it's like playing a crazy game of chance!"