Eighteen || Tale 100

A/N : Have any of you seen the cover for Dr

A/N : Have any of you seen the cover for Dr. Stone Volume 27? It's beautiful!

Ishigami Senku was standing in his laboratory, surrounded by raw materials, wood, iron, and beakers.

Well, he's definitely been here since early dawn.

His piercing ruby eyes gleamed during the time he evaluated the results of his experiments. He was troubled about how to solve several equations correctly to create the ideal curve for a particular weapon.

He was working on something that needed to be finished before you were able to work with him on making a cola, even before you woke up.

It must be perfect! This experiment is just for you.

However, the sound of containers loudly clinked against one another distracted his attention.

The abrupt sound caused him to jolt slightly, as he was convinced that nobody was even awake. Swiftly, he looked at the source of the disturbance in concern.

It turned out that you caused such noise, who Senku was certain was half-awake; 18% awake, 82% asleep.

'Huh, she shouldn't be here.'

He wierdly eyed at you moving around the lab, practically knocking over numerous beakers and chemicals while you were stumbling from side to side as if you were unable to walk at all.

'What the...' Senku's entire face scrunched up, "Hey, goldfish, you might break those beakers."

To his further surprise, your figure continued to wander aimlessly until coming to a stop beside a variety of substances. You began to grab few ingredients and combining them in different ways even though you're not even fully conscious that you're doing it; It's almost like you're operating automatically.

"I thought we're... making... cola..." You murmured, drowsily.

You then took hold of containers containing carbonated water, lime, cilantro, and honey caramel.

Senku, still attempting to make sense of everything, observed the scene with interest and confusion.

'This is genuinely weird. She had never done this before. Unless...' His eyes widened in realization, 'Unless she overworks and forces herself to keep going!'

Senku truly found it amusing that you were like this, 'She needs to sleep a lot after this...'

"Trying to make some cola?" He asked as he stepped forward while carrying a blueprint. It caused your 'half-awake' body to stop mixing the various components and give him a drowsy grin.

"Mhm... Making this for that menta-freaky." You spoke sluggishly.

Your hand was about to rub your eyes, but then it dropped to back down because no energy had been returned yet. That made you murmur a complain before continuing what you just did.