Details

Henry Hart

I'm mulling over all the accusations made by him. The same said everything with such certainty, he just left, he didn't even want to hear what I thought. He probably thinks he's absolutely right and he's not!

I wasn't jealous of Charlotte!... Well... it was weird to see her having dinner with a boy, but that's all and that Jack seems to be the "perfect boy", but I know he must have some defect. Charlotte also makes a point of putting a thousand qualities into it and that's annoying... Jasper agrees with me. And the day of the zoo... obviously I was very bad, she could have died... I can't lose Char... our friendship.

- Enough! - I scream to myself - You don't have to prove otherwise - I keep talking to me out loud - Charlotte is your friend, you don't like her... there's no way... it would be crazy... - I say this walking from one side to the other.

That's it, I don't like Charlotte. In this dimension this may have happened, but in my dimension we are friends and that's it.

- Henry? - I'm surprised to hear someone call me. I look back and run into Charlotte - What is it? - She asks staring at me.

– Hum? What? Are you Charlotte, the real Charlotte? - I ask a little confused.

– Yes, it's me! Let's go upstairs, we can find out who the guy is with Jasper - She talks walking towards the tubes.

- What do you mean? - I question without understanding.

We went up the pipes and got to the main room of the Man Cave. Where everyone is gathered. They talk to each other and I can't understand anything and then Ray starts explaining everything.

- Everyone sitting? - The same made everyone sit on the couch for him to talk - This guy you are seeing - He points to the computer screen - He is known as Blake, he is a young man from Dystopia who is involved with the criminal part of the city, like several other young people. There is not much information about him, like anyone in Dystopia.

- Is that it? - I ask and Ray says yes - I don't think he was just stealing that day - I say remembering what happened.

- And the people from Dystopia don't come to our city - Says Charlotte who is on my side.

Everyone seems to try to think of something that makes sense, we discuss some theories, but we can't get to something concrete. I realize that there are only me and Charlotte left in the main room. She is extremely concentrated, she must have a thousand thoughts, trying to find answers.

She is with her arms crossed and the expression on her face is serious, once in a while she takes her hand on her face. I can almost hear the noise of the gears spinning in her head. Charlotte is the brightest person I know.

Her gaze turns to me, the same question: - What is it?

- Smoke is coming out of your head - I play making her roll her eyes. She sighs deeply and gets on the couch.

- We can't be wrong this time Henry - She says in a distressed tone. And I just agree.

I remember that I was the one who asked for Charlotte's help, because of me she had to go through all this...

– Char, I'm sorry for putting you in this... You shouldn't have gone through all this, I'm sorry.

She puts her hand on mine, making me look at her.

- We are in this together - She says with a smile on her face. Although her face shows happiness, I know that inside she is worried and afflicted - Henry?

She calls me, taking my attention once again.

- Hey Henry, everything will be fine - She says. I just agree with my head. And then she hugs me and I have no reaction - I'm fine, no need to worry... let's get out of this - She whispers during the hug. It unravels quickly, we stay very close to each other for seconds.

- We have each other - She speaks. In these seconds that we are so close to each other, I realize in your face something I had never noticed. Charlotte's skin seems to shine, just like her dark eyes so unique, the small smile she gives makes dimples appear on her face... Every detail is unique... and then she moves away making me go back to reality.- Guys, Schwoz finished building the device! - I hear someone scream very excited.

Charlotte Page

We are getting ready to go to the next dimension, which I hope will be the last. In the last few hours, does Henry seem to be a little confused? Lost? I don't know, his thoughts are far away.

I finish packing my things and start saying goodbye to people. I confess that it was good to have a time of peace, without confusion and things like that. The last person I say goodbye to is my own version of this dimension.

She hugs me and wishes me luck and finally says: - Don't be afraid.

I look at her trying to understand, but by the expression on her face I know she won't explain.

And here we are once again, opening one more portal, one more dimension. Henry and I crossed the portal arriving at that same alley at night. As we already have a plan drawn up, we continue with the planned. But as soon as we come face to face with the city, he and I have the same reaction of astonishment.

Swellview is in chaos, there is a lot going on. There are people running desperate everywhere, there are cars on fire, shops being robbed and destroyed. What's going on in this city?