ᴾʳᵒˡᵒᵘᵍᵉ

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈୨୧┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

"=⌕ PROLOUGE

Last moments of Millie Griffith

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈୨୧┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

The devil is real.
He's not a tiny red man with horns and a tail.
He is terrifying.
He can be beautiful, deceiving, manipulative.
He can take the form of anything, let it be a pencil or a Doll.
He can, with a blink of an eye, end it all.
But he won't.
Or rather

He Can't.

̶H̶̶y̶̶r̶̶k̶̶a̶̶n̶̶u̶̶s̶?

"Father, please! You're my last resort!" A young woman, with blonde hair that cascaded down her hip like a waterfall, pleaded. A newborn child in her arms as she kneeled in front of Father Cedric. Tears Dripped down her chin as she stared at the floor. A small brunette child, about 5 years old, held her mother's dress as she innocently stared at Father Cedric, clearly perplexed as to why her mother was crying like so. The newborn baby in the mother's arms had long ago stop cried.

"Mrs Griffith, please, get up. I have told you this before, and I am telling you again. This is beyond my control. I can't help you. I'm sorry."

Sniffling, Millie Griffith stood up, stumbling slightly.

"My child will be cursed then. I am to sit quietly and watch then? Is that what you want Father? Answer me, Father Cedric! Watch, as my child's future gets Buried In rubble?"

Father Cedric flinched slightly at her loud voice. Guilt etched onto his face.

"For ages, I have been told that the lord is there for whoever needs him. But why? Why is he not helping me? What sin have I committed?"

Her voice cracked, symbolizing the overwhelming and overflowing emotions she was facing.

"I am sorry, Mrs Griffith, but this is all I can offer." Father Cedric stated, handing Millie Griffith, a silver rosary.

"I wish you the best in your journey. May the lord be by your side. Pardon me." Father Cedric, rushed out of the church, leaving the three of them alone.

Sobs racked her body, She fell to the floor. The empty Church echoed her cries. The small Brunette child still clutched onto her Mother's dress, her gaze fixated on her younger sister's Red face from crying.

Millie Griffith's red eyes snapped towards the older child, startling her.

"Narcissa. My love, my darling child. I am sorry, Mother is scaring you no?"

Narcissa shook her head, determined to make her mother feel better.

"Listen Narcissa. It's all my fault. All of it. Take care of your sister. You're never alone. Your sister will never know what Mother's love is. Make sure, she knows even a fraction of it from you. Okay? Mother is sorry. I am so so so sorry. Narcissa. I am so sorry. It's all my fault."

Millie Griffith held Narcissa's hand with her free hand and kissed her forehead. Millie Griffith slipped the rosary, Father gave on Narcissa's neck.

"Never take this off, and another thing. This-"

She paused and handed Narcissa a ring.

"Give this to your sister when she's about 12 years of age. I love you. I love you both so much."

After handing Adelina to Narcissa, she smiled for one last time, before slowly rising to her feet.

She walked out of the church, with Narcissa Running after her. Albeit slow, since she was only a five-year-old, with an infant in her arms.

"Mom! Wait! Where are you going?!" Little Narcissa screamed in Confusion.

Her mother just turned to her, in the middle of the road, and mouthed 'I love you both'.

1

2

3

A horrified scream left Narcissa's mouth as she witnessed her mother get hit by a car. Bleeding to death.

___

Hi