Chapter 9: Back to school!

After what happened in the USJ, 72 villains were arrested, but Shigaraki was still hiding low. Ever since the USJ, Y/n has been training himself more and pushing himself to his limits, before he finally mastered exactly what he was trying to train himself to do, his secret technique he would use should another villain attack again. After a full few hours of training, he realized how tired he was, but before he could go to sleep, it was time for school. Groaning, Y/n got out of his bed that he just threw himself in and got himself ready for school. Y/n walked into his homeroom and sat in his seat before resting his head in his arms.
Toru: Hey, did you watch the news last night? The whole class was on TV for a few seconds! I didn't stand out at all...
Shoji: That's true.
Ojiro: It's hard to stand out looking like that, huh?
Y/n: Looking like what?
Ojiro: Exactly.
Toru: Well Y/n stood out like a sore thumb!
Y/n: Yeah that's what happens when you need to go all out without knowing your full power. Maybe I should train more...
Mina: You already look like you're about to fall asleep right now!
Y/n: And?
Kaminari: But man, all the channels made a big deal out of it.
Kirishima: I was surprised.
Jiro: Can you blame them? The hero course that keeps pumping out pro heroes was attacked.
Sero: Who knows what would've happened if the teachers hadn't come when they did.
Mineta: Stop that, Sero! Just thinking about it makes me feel like I'm about to wet myself--
Bakugo: Shut up! Be quiet, scum!
Y/n: You raise A good question, Sero, would we have been able to last much longer? As soon as they arrived I had run out of energy to use that super powerful form I got, which means I would've been back to normal, and furthermore, I wouldn't be able to stand at all.
Sato: But man, All Might was great. He pushed back those crazy strong villains.
Fumikage: Yes, his strength is worth wondering at.
Iida: Everyone! Morning homeroom is about to start! Stop talking and take your seats!
Y/n: Wayyy ahead of ya.
Kaminari: We're already in our seats.
Sero: You're the only one who's not.
Iida, quickly sitting in his seat: Shoot!
Uraraka: Don't worry about it.
Ashido: Tsu, who's...gonna teach homeroom today?
Tsu: Well, Mr. Aizawa is supposed to be in the hospital recovering from his injuries...
The door to the classroom opened, and Aizawa walked in, his face bandaged.
Aizawa: Morning.
Class: Mr. Aizawa, you're back too soon!
Kaminari: You're too much of A pro!
Y/n: There's no way you've recovered enough to be teaching already! You need to be resting!
Iida: So you're alright, Mr. Aizawa?
Uraraka: Can you really call that "all right"?
Y/n, internally: Well, it might take some effort, but maybe I can ease the pain he must be feeling if I disperse my Ki enough.
Y/n took a deep breath and started to spread his Ki around the room, soothing any form of physical pain using it.
Sero: Hey, did anyone else just feel...?
Mina: A lot better than I did a few seconds ago? Yeah! I wonder why.
Y/n: Ah...I used too much Ki...
Mina: Ki can do that?
Y/n: ...I said that out loud, didn't I?
Mina: Yep!
Aizawa: My well-being doesn't matter. More importantly, the fight is not yet over.
Bakugo: Fight?
Midoriya: Don't tell me...
Mineta: The villains again...?!
Aizawa: The U.A. Sports festival is drawing near.
Y/n: That's...an oddly normal event for a school to have.
Jiro: Is it okay to have a sports festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?
Ojiro: What if they attack us again or something...?
Aizawa: Apparently, they think of it as U.A. showing that our crisis management system is solid as a rock by holding the event. Security will also be strengthened to five times that of previous years. Above all, our sports festival is a huge chance. It's not an event to be canceled because of a few villains.
Mineta: But that's a good reason, isn't it? It's just a festival of sports.
Midoriya: Mineta, you've never seen the U.A. sports festival?
Mineta: Of course I have. That's not what I meant!
Aizawa: Our sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events. In the past, the Olympics were called a festival of sports, and the whole country was crazy about them. As you know, with reductions in scale and population, they're now a shell of their former glory. And now, for Japan, what has taken the place of those Olympics is the U.A. sports festival!
Momo: Of course, all the top heroes around the country will be watching. For scouting purposes!
Mineta: I know that.
Kaminari: After we graduate, it's typical to join a pro agency as a sidekick.
Jiro: A lot of people miss their chance to become independent after that and become eternal sidekicks, though. Kaminari, I feel like you'd be one of them. Since you're dumb.
Y/n: Wow. Harsh.
Aizawa: Of course, joining a famous hero agency will get you more experience and popularity. Time is limited. If you expect to go pro, then the path to your future will open up at this event. One chance a year...a total of just three chances. No aspiring heroes can afford to miss this event. If you understand that, then don't slack off on your preparations. Homeroom is dismissed.
Y/n: Wait, we were going to be given time to train?! I ruined my sleep schedule for nothing!
When the lunch bell rang, the class was gathered in the classroom before Lunch, talking amongst themselves.
Mina: Hey, Y/n, do you have any hero agencies you want to be scouted by?
Y/n: Hmm, none that come to mind.
Mineta went to say something, but Tsu slapped him, and Y/n followed up with a weaker slap, at least weaker in relation to his regular hits.
Uraraka: Everyone, I'm gonna do my best!
Iida + Midoriya + Mina + Tsu: Yeah!
Y/n: Show them what you got!
Uraraka: I'm gonna do my best!
Eijiro + Sero + Sato + Tokoyami: Y-yeah...
Sero: What's wrong? Your personality's all over the place.

In the halls

Midoriya: Uraraka.
Uraraka: Yes?
Midoriya: Why did you decide to come to U.A. and become a pro hero?
Uraraka: Huh? Um...because...
Midoriya: For money?! You want to become a hero for money?
Uraraka: To boil it down simply, yes...sorry it's such an unwholesome reason. You three have such admirable motivations, it's embarrassing...
Y/n: It's understandable, honestly.
Iida: Why? How is having a goal to support your livelihood not admirable?
Midoriya: Right. But it's unexpected.
Uraraka: My family owns a construction company, but we haven't gotten any work at all, so we're flat broke. This isn't really something to tell other people, though...
Midoriya and Iida put their hands to their chins while Y/n pulled his wallet out of his pocket and opened it.
Y/n: Let's see here...
Iida: Construction...
Midoriya: With her Quirk, if she gets licensed, then it'd bring costs way down, right?
Iida: She could make any raw material float. They wouldn't need any heavy equipment.
Uraraka: Right? That's what I told my Dad when I was little! But...I'll definitely become a hero and make money and let my parents take it easy.
Iida: Bravo! Uraraka, Bravo! Bravo! Uraraka!
Y/n: Even if you're just in the hero business for Money, helping your parents is always worth it.
All Might: Young Midoriya is here!
Midoriya: All Might? What's the matter? Lunch. Wanna eat together?
Uraraka: He's like a maiden!
All Might: How about it?
Midoriya: I'd love to.
Y/n: I think All Might has favorites.

In the cafeteria

Uraraka: I wonder what he wanted Deku for.
Iida: I heard that when All Might was attacked by villains during the USJ incident, he rushed out alone to help. Perhaps it's about that?
Uraraka: Oh, yeah!
Iida: Remember what Asui said on the bus?
Y/n: Right, she said they have similar quirks. The similarities can't be a coincidence, right?
The three of them got their food and sat down, in a matter of minutes, Y/n was already finished with his multiple plates of food.
Ochako: Already?! How?!
Y/n: Magic, or something, I don't know.