The lost

Today was my mothers 2 year death anniversary. Something bad always happens on the day of November 04. I realized this when I was 10, my grandma died that day. The next year on the same day we got evicted. The next my grandpa died and then 2 years ago on that day my mom died. Last year me and my dad got into an accident. Luckily we came out of it fine and with all of our limbs. I've been wondering what horrible event will take place this year on November 04.

I walk down the stairs and see my dad cooking another set of bacon. I chuckle while going close to him putting my head on his shoulder. Even though we barely talk he does stuff showing his love. I sit down at the table while he places the plate down while sitting down as well.

We were eating in peace when he starts speaking. "I have to go somewhere, you will be fine. It's just for business." He says. "What? Do you know what day it is?" I asked concerned. What is he thinking? I'm not trying to lose him too. Not him just not my dad. "Yes I am aware of your superstitions but still im doing this for you." He said while acting like it's ok. "I'm not okay with this and it's not just a superstition, it's also not a coincidence that grandma, grandpa, and mom have the same death date!" I say raising my voice a bit. "Calm down. Nothing will happen ok. I'm going that's it." He said. "No I won't let you." He looks at me with a death stare. I know I shouldn't have talked back but at that moment I couldn't control myself.

"You listen to me. Just because you think your grown doesn't mean you are. You are a child, I am your father. I've been working all day and night just so you can have everything you want and I need to go for you. Just because your a coward doesn't mean I have to suffer because of it." He pauses. "Do you understand?" I'm definitely gonna regret this. "No I'm not letting you go dad it's dangerous." I scream the last part. "You don't have any right to decide what I should do I'm the adult here. Your mother is the only person I'll ever allow to decide for me and you will never be like her. Your just a spoiled little child who's been given everything you've ever wanted. I'm still going wether you accept the fact or not." He says in a stern voice as he storms off to I guess pack.

I just sit there dumbfounded. I've always been very lucky but I was always grateful and I knew about my dads workload, I just didn't know I had been a bad kid. I went to go apologize to my dad but he sounded busy so I just went back into my room.

A sound woke me up. It was 8:12 pm meaning it was still November 04. I went to go check it out. I ran to my dads room and his packed bags were gone. I went downstairs and found a note on the table.

I'm sorry for screaming at you. This trip just meant a lot, tomorrow the Reyes' oldest son
will come over to keep you company and if you ever need anything I already told them to
take care of you. I love you sweetie.

Love, Dad.

He just left. He only left a note? I've never been left alone for a full week before. I went to my room and grabbed my dads black sweater I stole. I ran back down and left the house. I was going to go to the Reyes house since it was next door. I knocked on the door waiting for someone to open. The Reyes family had both a mom and dad, 2 boys and 1 girl. The oldest was Kai who was 17, next Jillian who was my age. Then the youngest killian he's 12. Ian opens the door smiling at me. "Hey kiki, where's Jill?" I ask. "Stop calling me that I'm about to turn 13. And she's upstairs in Kaidens room." He says while I go inside. "Thanks Kiki." I say as he rolls his eyes.

I go upstairs to Kai's room. "Helloooo." I say. Kai rolls his eyes while I stick my tongue out at him. "Wait where's Jill?" I ask looking around. "She just left also before you leave can you close the" he stops as I walk away leaving the door wide open.
"Hey jill." I say as she looks up. "Ugh you again?" She says smiling at me. "My dad left for 2 weeks this time can I just stay here? My house is a living ghost town." I say as she nods.

We watched movies and fell asleep in the middle of it. I'm a light sleeper and the reason I'm saying that is because I felt someone open Jill's room and carry me to a different room. I could tell it was Kai because Ian can't carry me.

It was now 11:04 in the afternoon. Why is that number always haunting me. I decide to text my dad to see how the trip was going and if he was safe.

                                                                                         Appa❤️🧚‍♂️
Hey dad I'm sorry for yesterday.
How's the trip? Are you safe?

I wasn't expecting him to answer right away but it was still weird. I remembered how nothing bad happened. Unless our fight was the bad thing, I wouldn't really consider it a fight more like an argument or miscommunication. Still it was our first argument since papa died. I call my grandma and grandpa, mama and papa.

I head down stairs to leave. "Hey yaya where u going?" Kai asks. "Back home why?" I cross my arms. "Cuz I have to be by your side, your dad made me promise to take care of you." He says while looking at me like I was a baby. "I don't need a babysitter especially if they're only 2 years older." I say as I look up at him. "Your dad seems to think so. And don't worry I don't wanna be with you either." He says while going downstairs. Disgusting. "You coming?" He says leaving space on the stairs for me to walk through.

I'm now in my room while Kai's on my couch watching videos of what I infer is soccer videos. What's so great about grown men kicking a ball around? There is this one soccer player I like I don't know his name though.

"You want food?" He asks. "Yeah. Are you gonna cook." I ask him as he leans in my doorway. "You want burnt food? No my moms cooking." He says making me laugh. "Come on." He says walking out of view. I run after him looking at him. I used to have a crush on him before he broke my 8 year old heart. He was 11 at the time and he started being mean to me since he wanted to impress the foreigner from Germany. She had straight blonde hair and hazel eyes. The exact opposite of me, I have wavy noirette hair, dark brown eyes basically black and she was his age. I was younger and not German but filipino.

He stopped me in front of his driveway, "what?" I ask. "I don't know." He replied staring at something, I look behind me and see nothing. "What are you looking at?" I ask. "I thought? Never mind." He says walking me inside holding my wrist. Whatever he saw made him tense. I look back again. Wait what is that?