006. its just accidents

Start from the beginning

She was shocked her mum was letting her go and allowing her to have a sleepover, she was excited but then she remembered her little sister home alone all night with her parents "uhm where's lucie?"

"oh she's sleeping round a friends tonight as well" her mum waved off. Though she was happy something felt wrong she was scared what would happen if her parents stayed home alone she then wouldn't be able to stop them from hurting each other but she knew that wasn't her job and shouldn't be.

Her mum seemed to see her expression as she walked up to her and sighed "i need to talk to you about something"

Alarm bells were ringing in her head, this couldn't be good.

"i just wanted to apologise for mine and your fathers actions lately, especially your father's he doesn't mean to get angry and cause all this nonsense it's just accidents hunny"

Her mum continued to drown on about her father and how none of its his fault and she was confused until she realised something and it felt like her whole world had stopped.

She doesn't know how she hadn't noticed it before but across her mum's cheek was a scar, a recent scar.

She felt herself get off her chair and back up quickly "did dad do that to you?" she asked shocked, her mum knew what she was talking about and didn't say anything only avoided eye contact but that was an answer.

"how could h-i don't know how to feel. are you okay?" her words were coming out quick and mumbled she didn't know what to do.

"it's okay, it wasn't his fault he.. he just needs an outlet sometimes it's alright" her mum said trying to sound sweet. She couldn't believe it her mum was defending her dad after he had done that, that wasn't okay.

They argued for a while, she tried to reason with her mother while her mum simply put on the most sickly sweet voice she could and defended her husband over and over.

Mariah had enough and ran upstairs, she jumped into her bed and cried until she couldn't anymore and screamed till her voice got rough.

Every time she thought things could be getting better somehow they only got worse. It felt like her whole world was collapsing and she had nothing to hold onto instead falling into an endless hole which just kept her falling with no signs of a way out.

It had been a while now and her tears had dried up but she was simply staring at her ceiling until her phone rang. Shit she forgot about the arcade.

"hey" she said though her voice came out croaky from all the crying so she quickly cleared her throat.

"hey just wanted to let you know we'll be at yours in around.." isabelle stopped and there seemed to be some muffled talking in the background "enzo will pick up in like 1 hour and 30 minutes"

She sighed glad, that giving her time to get ready and not look like she balled her eyes out for an hour. "is there someone with you?" she asked curious on the voices as she heard one mumbled something like is she okay?

"oh yeah! carla and malachi are at mine just makes it easier for enzo to pick everyone up as there houses are practically on the opposite side of town." isabelle explained.

"alright then, i'll uhh see you soon" she replied as the call ended then she realised she forgot to ask if she could sleep round so sent a quick text.