When She Was Bad- 5

Third POV

Buffy rushed into the library after realising she had been tricked. When she got there she noticed that the room had been trashed and her friends were nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, a hand reached up and grabbed the table for support, revealing that Xander was still there. Buffy rushed over to help him.

"Xander!" Buffy tried to grab his arm put he quickly shook her off. "What happened?"

"Vampires. The ones you could handle yourself."

"Where are the others?" 

"I don't know. Lucy tried to fend them off, but they ganged up on her. Knocked her out. Then me. I don't know what your problem is, what your issues are. But as of now, I officially don't care. If you'd worked with us for five seconds, you could've stopped this."

"We, we just have to think. Where would they have taken them?"

"If they hurt Willow, I'll kill you." Xander glared at Buffy. She went to say something back, but a groan coming from the balcony.

Buffy ran up the stairs and saw Lucy lying on the floor, slowly regaining consciousness. She had a bruise on her temple, where she must have been knocked out, and a cut on her cheek. Buffy gently shook her awake, calling out her name softly. Lucy finally came out of it, and jumped as though she was ready to fight before Buffy quickly calmed her down.

"It's okay. It's okay. Their gone." Lucy breathed a sigh of relief, but then noticed that Buffy and Xander were the only ones left in the library.

"Where's Willow and Giles?" Lucy asked, her voice shaking.

"Gone. They took them." Buffy admitted and felt her heart break as she watched her friend's face crumple.

"I... I should have seen it... If I didn't give up the... I could have saved them." Lucy cried, while Buffy gripped her shoulders.

"Listen to me. It's not your fault. We're going to get them back." Buffy reassured as Lucy nodded her head. "Why did they take them and not you two?"

"Giles said the ritual was, um... They needed people who were close to the Master. Physically close. When he, uh...

"The ones who were with the Master when he died." Lucy summarised, finally managing to stand up.

"Giles, Willow, Cordelia..."

"Ms. Calendar." Buffy added.

"Odds are they've got a complete set by now."

"We need to find out where."

"How?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buffy led Lucy and Xander to the Bronze where Angel was keeping a vampire captive. Buffy violently threw the vampire woman to the floor.

"One more time: where are they?"

"You're too late. Your friends are dead."

"Tell me where they are!" Buffy demanded, lifting the vampire back up.

"What are you gonna do? Kill me?" The vampire laughed.

"As a matter of fact..." Buffy threw the vampire onto the pool table as Xander, Lucy and Angel watched silently . "Yes."

Buffy yanked off her necklace and shrugged at the vampire. "But since I'm not gonna kill you any time soon, the question becomes..." Buffy dropped her cross into the vampires mouth and covered it quickly with her hands. "how are we gonna pass the time till then?"