recollection.

⤑‧₊˚🖇️✩ ₊˚🎧⊹♡

Genisis vividly remembered when Harry Potter started to annoy her.

Early fall in third year, she was sitting peacefully in a chair by the fireplace in the Gryffindor common room, reading a book. After flipping through a few of the pages, she shut it and put it down. She'd checked out a book about Paleontology, but it didn't interest her as much as others.

She slipped off the chair and closer to the flickering orange flames of the fire. Chatter of others in the common room were far too loud for her to focus on a new book anyway. She gazed into the inferno, drifting away from reality for a few moments.

When she became aware of her surroundings again, it was because she'd felt someone seat next to her.

"Hi."

She turned her head and saw a boy with glasses and the messiest black hair she'd ever laid eyes on. It stuck up in every direction, but it fit him, to be quite fair. Others may've looked a bit silly with hair like his, but Genesis thought it added to his character, even if she had not known him.

"Erm. . .Hello," Genesis replied, confused as to why he was speaking to her.

"You're Genesis, right?" the raven-haired boy asked.

Uncertainly laid on her brow. She'd seen the boy around, but they'd never conversed. "Yes, why?"

His faint smile strengthened. Genesis' eyes scanned his face. She noticed a lighting shaped scar on his forehead. She knew he looked familiar, and not just because they were in the same house. He was Harry Potter. Her mother had read a few stories of him to her when she was only little.

Genesis loved books, and she blamed her mother for the fact. Every night, she would read little baby "Gen," as her mother called her, to bed. Not truly stories, more studies. She begged her mum every night (if she wasn't already asleep) to read her another book. True to her word, she read her however many books it took for Genesis to fall asleep.

"I'm Harry," he said, scratching his head. He was quite awkward, and it showed. "What are you reading?" He nodded toward the book she'd turned away from earlier.

"That? Oh, just 'study of fossils.' Not my favorite, though." she said, toying with the fabric of the carpeted floor.

Though his hands were in his lap, he looked at her pulling up small balls of cotton from the ground with great interest. "What is your favorite then?"

She looked up at him, partly to see if it was a joke, and he was just mocking her. Nobody was ever really fascinated with her interests. But all that she saw on his face was appeal to whatever she had to say next.

"I like Astronomy, I guess. That's probably my favorite." she said, her gaze dropping back to her fidgeting fingers.

"So is it okay to assume it's your favorite class, too?" he huffed a laugh.

Genesis allowed herself to grin a little. "No, actually. I like Astronomy with freedom, I guess. You know, like, I have whatever I want to learn at my fingertips, and if there's something I find a little less intriguing, I can leave it. In class I'm kind of obligated to learn everything that's in the lesson."

"That's fair."

For a few seconds, they sat in awkward silence. Realizing the conversation had ended, Genesis exhales. "Erm, see you around, then."

He blinked, then looked back at her. At first it seemed like he hadn't comprehended what she said, but after a moment it shown in his face that he had. When he slouched, Genesis righted herself and began to gather her things.