1

𝗧𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗸𝗶𝗱
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲

    𝗧𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗸𝗶𝗱    𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲

SummerSlam 2021

              The most difficult moment for an athlete was realizing when it was time to stop, or when to admit that an addiction was growing bigger at a point that it became uncontrollable and out of hands.

For Anastasia it was a hard blow to accept, and she still had to realize that what had been imposed on her was for her own good. But it had to be done, she had no power over it, not anymore.

When the bell rang at the end of the match against Becky Lynch for the Smackdown women's title, with the victory of the Romanian champion after pinning her opponent after a devasting powerbomb, the blonde from Eastern Europe perhaps grabbed the title. She stood in the center of the ring, while she admired her belt, that jewel for which she had worked so hard, night and day, that gold for which she had broken every record and for which she had become the longest-reigning champion.

Anastasia felt her dark eyes starting to water, but her pride refused to let any weakness show, especially in front of such a big crowd. Kneeling down, the champion kissed her championship before laying down, at the centre of the ring.

"What's happening?" She heard Michael Cole yelling through his microphone.

Anastasia got up and looked around, still not ready to say goodbye to all that. How could she? Without wrestling, there was no Anastasia Bârladeanu, or Nastia Ciumak as she was known by her universe.

Closing her eyes and taking one deep breath, the blonde woman, just like that, left the ring, leaving the whole stadium speechless.

There were already several speculations about her, about her reputation, some true but most of them fake, but as Anastasia stopped at the entrance, taking a last look at the stadium, a chant rose up for her.

They were chanting for her, they were thanking her. Thank Nastia, that was the last straw for the woman. Breaking her villainous character, the Romanian blonde managed to put on a shy and almost imperceptible smile.

Returning backstage, she found a good amount of superstars, whom most of them were also good friends with her, and they applauded her. Everyone by now knew what she was going through, still, they were now showing their support.

Anastasia didn't expect her. What she did expect were those looks of pity, judgment or contempt she received from some superstars, even if few.

The blonde greeted them all shyly, including Paul and Stephanie who continued to repeat all their support to her.

Taking all her belongings, the now former Romanian champion left the arena before the event could end; this time without looking back.

It was better that way.