You Make Me Feel Alive

After work, I walked out the front door and met with Chan who was standing next to his car. "Are you ready for your surprise?"

"Can I know where we're going?" I giggled.

"Not yet, but you'll see." He opened my car door and let me inside.

We pulled into a parking lot in front of a restaurant that seemed practically empty. "There's hardly anyone here."

"I reserved every spot just so we could be alone." He smiled. "So it'll just be the two of us." He grabbed my hand and kissed my cheek.

We got out of the car and walked to the door as he held the door open for me, again. My stomach was full of butterflies. As we sat down at the table, he stared at me. "What?" I asked with a smile.

"Nothing. You're just so pretty, y/n." His face was flushed.

"Oh stop that." I giggled. "You're such a handsome boy." His ears were red as he hid his face.

"Order whatever you'd like, it's on me."

"We have got to split the bill." He stopped me.

"Absolutely not. It's your birthday, it's my treat, darling." He kissed the back of my hand.

"How did i end up with the sweetest boy in the universe?" I smiled, leaning forward to pat his head, moving the hair from his eyes.

"I got lucky." He grabbed my hand, gently, cupping his cheek as he leaned in and closed his eyes.

In this moment, I truly felt pure love for the Bang Chan. The idol I had admired since day one. The reason I began my journey as an idol. The feeling was strange but it felt so right to be sitting here with him like this.

I caught myself staring and moved my hand. "I'm sorry, you're just so handsome I can't help myself." I laughed.

"I can't help it either." He stared more. "You're too pretty for this world." He laughed along with me.

We ordered dinner and talked all night. It was like the first date we had ever been on. I know it was so early but I felt like I had known him my entire lifetime.

After dinner, he paid for the bill and helped me out of the chair. We were hand in hand walking back to the car. "Let's do something fun." He smiled.

"Like what?"

"I was thinking that you come back to my place for a while. We'll do anything you want to." I was hesitant, a better idea had reached the surface.

"Actually let's go do something else. I've got something way more fun." I smiled. I grabbed his hand and began running with him behind me, down to the beach. The spring air was cold but the adrenaline I felt with him, made me feel warm on the inside.

"It's a bit cold isn't it?" He laughed.

"I'm never cold when I'm with you." I smiled. "You make me feel warm again."

"You really are the prettiest." He grabbed my waist, while leaning in for a kiss, I dodged and ran to the water.

"You'll get your kiss once you get in the water." I yelled from the shoreline.

"It's freezing out here, y/n." He cupped his hands in front of his mouth and yelled back, giggling.

"And?" I splashed some water. "Just get in." I smiled.

He walked towards me, his feet barely in the water. "The water is still cold."

"We'll warm up later, I promise." I grabbed his hand and walked further out into the water.

"You're going in fully clothed?"

"What am I supposed to wear?" I laughed. "We're idols."

"It's fine." He put his hands under his shirt and took it off, throwing it up on the sand. "You can wear my shirt when you get out." I smiled.

"Such a gentleman." I turned around and walked further into the water.

He followed up behind me as I turned back to splash him. His hands were around my waist, picking me up and throwing me onto his shoulder as I giggled. He gently set me down as I tried to run the other way before he grabbed me once again but this time spinning me around to face him. "I love being around you." I smiled, slightly out of breath.

"You make me feel alive. I feel better when I'm with you, y/n." He looked deep into my eyes. We sat there for just a second but it felt like eternity. "You are exactly what I have always wanted. I still find you the prettiest, even now, dipped in the water." He leaned towards me, our foreheads touching. "Let's just stay like this forever."

I leaned back and looked up at him, his breathing got heavy as I stared at his lips and then back up at his eyes. "Just kiss me already." In that moment he leaned in and closed the gap under the moonlight. For just a second, it felt like it would last a lifetime.