All Hallows Eve

"Put it down."

"Steve, stop!"

"Stop— stop!"

Red splashed down the front of Nancy's shirt as the crowd is oohed in shock.

Nancy gave Steve a disgusted look. "The hell?" She stormed off towards the bathroom.

Lydia sniggered. "If I'd known it was going to go down like this, I'd have brought popcorn." She turned to the person next to her. "Kiss?"

"I'm sorry?"

"The band. I'm assuming that's what you were going for with the makeup?" She gestured to his white a black facepaint. "I didn't mean... You just thought your dreams came true, didn't you?" Lydia laughed.

"I... forgot what I was wearing." The young man offered an awkward smile. "You know Kiss?"

"Course I do, I have all their albums." Lydia popped to the music for a moment, then grinned. "Want a guess at my outfit? Nobody's gotten it yet." She gave a twirl, showing it off.

The young man scrutinised her. "You've got devil horns... And music notes. So a... musical demon? Demon-Bowie? The Phantom-ess of the Opera? Hell-music? Devil music?"

"Yes! Yes— it's a pun, see?"

"Yeah, I see! I like it— very clever."

Lydia grinned. "I was going to bring my keytar, but thought hmm, better not."

"I play guitar." The young man offered.

"I know you do." Lydia laughed. "I recognise you. You're Eddie Munson. I see you under all that white gunk on your face."

Eddie smiled ruefully. "Guilty as charged. I swear I recognise you as well,  but I'm so sorry,  I can't remember your name. "

Lydia faked an offended gasp. "Huh! Well, now I don't feel like telling you!"

"—Oh, come on..."

"Nope, I shall just leave you forever wondering, stewing in your misery." Lydia giggled.

Eddie laughed also. "You're from that school outside of town, aren't you? It's funny, I didn't think anyone from there was invited." He paused, taking a drink from the red cup in his hand before realisation reached his eyes. "You're not invited, are you?"

"Pfft." Lydia snorted. "Who wants to be invited? Are you invited?"

"Okay, ouch... But also, no." He admitted upon seeing the look Lydia was giving him.

"Bet half the people here aren't invited. More than half. Don't think anyone actually gets invited to these things, they just show up!" She gestured widely to the crowd. "Come on, dance with me!" The music was ramping up again and she took hold of Eddie's arm, towing him away from his corner of self-imposed exclusion and towards the dancing crowd. "Come on, come on!" She grooved to the music, encouraging him to join her as they wove between the moving crowd.

A while later, a Kiss tribute act and a music-demon could be seen making out on the garden patio.

Then a stray cigarette caught part of the lawn on fire and most took that as a sign for the party to wrap up.

A/N: Ohh, you thought I was doing a slow burn. XD Well, tbf, it's not gonna be... uncomplicated.

Also, at moment when you get partway through the chapter and realise a Phantom of the Opera inspired costume would have been much cooler for Lydia. XD Oh well...

Apologies it was late, a whole ton of stuff happened and it got away from me. Hopefully you enjoyed it.  Please like and comment!