Chapter 3: Meet Cute

POV: Sophia 

"Ugh! I can't find my shoes" Sophia exclaims as she rushes out of her room and into the living room. Charlotte is making herself breakfast and Sophia rushes around their new apartment in Washington D.C. where they have been living for the past few months together. After attending law school at Georgetown, she felt that Washington was the right fit for her. Charlotte also decided that her best prospects would be in that city, so they moved together. As best friends, it was not uncommon for them to make life decisions like these together. They were the sisters that never were but their habits were like night and day. Sophia was quite the mess and Charlotte was much more organized. However this balanced out their relationship and the pair split responsibilities to their strong suits. Sophia was a much better cook and in Charlottes' fashion, she was in charge of dishes. 

"They're right here Sophia" Charlotte says in the swirling storm that is Sophia before seven in the morning. Sophia takes a deep breath grabbing them and giving Charlotte a thank you before grabbing her lunch that she made the night before. "I am heading out Sophia, I will see you for lunch later" Charlotte says as she heads out the door. "Okay I got my lunch, coffee, and my bag" Sophia says to herself and she gathers her things and heads out the door and onto her way to work. Sophia is an intern for a Congresswoman which she really enjoyed but she kept her eyes out for other prospects as well. 

POV: Philip

"Good morning sir" Philip says to his boss as he enters the law firm setting his stuff down on his desk. His desk was in the main room of the law office but he doesn't mind the noise or people constantly walking around. It was just a part of the business that he had learned to accept. Hours seemed to pass Philip by as he was meeting with clients and going back and forth from court. Before he knew it was lunch time so he decided to head out to a local spot in Washington. This place reminded him of home in Boston which he was missing but was enjoying his new life in the nation's capital. He walks into the restaurant while waiting to grab his to go order that he place before walking over.  The place wasn't too crowded. Ironically Charlotte was waiting for Sophia who was running late. Charlotte steps in and notices Philip "Are you waiting for a table?" she asks while tapping him on the shoulder. He turns around and smiles brightly, "Oh, no no, I am just waiting for my order, sorry!" "Okay, I am just waiting on my friend, she works for the new Congresswoman, so she is always busy" Charlotte says checking her phone for Sophia to text her. Philip laughs "I am a lawyer so I know how busy things can be." Charlotte eyes widen "You know, we are new to this area, can I get your number?" Philip looks surprised but agrees and types in his phone number. His order number is called and he heads out saying goodbye.

POV: Sophia

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry" Sophia says taking off her coat and sitting down at the table Charlotte had saved for them. "I understand, I ordered you a burger and a tea" Charlotte says knowing her best friend so well. Sophia softly smiles and hugs her best friend. The two gossip throughout lunch and then head their respective ways. 

Later on that day, Sophia goes out to a bar with her co-workers while Charlotte heads back to their apartment. "You know, sometimes you just have to let loose" Sophia's co-workers says while nudging her as they walk into the bar. The typical crowd after work is there and Sophia heads to the bar to order herself a drink. When she finally grabs her cosmopolitan, she bumps into a man and his beer spills all over her blouse. Sophia stumbles backwards and somehow this mysterious man catches her while knocking his drink over here. "Oh my gosh I am so sorry" he says mumbling and reaching to the towel the bartender was extending for him to grab. Sophia stands up straight, looking at the mess on her new blouse, and laughs. "You know, I was looking for a reason to get rid of this blouse" she says sarcastically. His cheeks get red and he hands her the towel to help soak up the excess liquid. "Honestly it is fine, my roommate is a master at getting stains and smells out" Sophia says wishing her best friend was there now. He nods and replies "Well it is a good thing you have them in your life, I wish I had someone, I just have a studio apartment." Sophia notices a warmness in his smile and a twinkle in his eye. "What's your name?" Sophia asks as she sits down beside him at the bar. "Philip" he replies extending his hand to her. She giggles "You know we met like five minutes ago when you introduced yourself as beer man" she says recreating their first interaction. He shakes his head "You know, that is not how I remember it, if I do say so myself you were the one who spilled your drink on yourself." Sophia rolls her eyes and they continue to converse for awhile until parting their separate ways.