Book 2, Chp 2: Cat Problem

Start from the beginning

Rutherford: I mean, I don't have all my memories, but I know for sure he saved me. They're gonna tell me how he came back, right?

Mariner: Nope. Best to not think about it.

Rutherford: Well uh...(To YN.) What about you? How did you survive?

YN: What? Uh, I already told you. Everything flashed and uh next think I knew is I uh woke up in the medical bed. Yeah. That's all I know.

Meanwhile Boimler still tries to order food but the replicator still doesn't allow him.

Computer: [User not recognized.]

Boimler: Please, just anything! I'm so hungry. Ah!

Boimler hits the replicator and it gave him a tiny tree.

Having no choice but o accept it due to the line waiting to order

Time skip

We now see Tendi is cleaning the medical bed while humming until Dr T'ana call her.

T'ana: Ensign, get in here!

She meets up with Dr T'ana at her office where we see her scratching herself.

Tendi:I scrubbed half the arches, and I won't stop until all the bile is...

T'ana: Shut up. Listen. I need you to pick up a... family heirloom from a-a storage unit on Qualor II.

Tendi: Wow! Dr. T'Ana, I'm honored!

T'ana: Ah, don't be. I just need the lowest-ranking officer who will ask the fewest questions. This is a personal mission. Do it fast. Keep it private.

Tendi: You got it! And may I just say I am so honored to...

T'ana: I said go! Now! Go!

Tendi runs off while T'ana scratches her fur a lot. Meanwhile, Marines and Rutherford are repairing the controls while YN is chatting with them.

YN: I'm telling you guys. If those engineers really have a problem with this controls, they would've fix it themselves.

Rutherford: They're probably busy with their own work.

Mariner: That or they're just lazy to do it.

YN: Exactly! They're always obsessed with fixing stuff.

Mariner: Oh yeah like you're obsessed with ejecting the warp core?

YN: And you're obsessed with breaking more rules than one.

Out of nowhere, the sunglasses and a cap floated down on YN as Boimler enters but the door shut so soon.

Boimler: Ow! Stupid doors. Guess who I get to meet today. The Creator of Fair Haven, Captain Proton himself: Lieutenant Tom Paris!