Chapter 6: Moonstone, Mirrors, and Mothers, Oh My!

En başından başla

Glimmer ran up and hugged him tightly.

"There you are. Were you able to find my mom?"

"Well, kind of?" he replied. "She's not here in the kingdom, but I do know where she is."

"What?" Glimmer exclaimed. "Where is she?"

"The guards told me that she left for Mystacor this morning to visit your Aunt. She should be back later tonight, though."

"Ugh! Of all the days for my mom to be gone!"

"Why don't we go and get her?" Adora suggested.

Glimmer pondered the thought and almost agreed, but then thought better of it.

"No, not yet. Maybe this is a good thing. If Zip can wake up before then, she'll have a chance to get acquainted with her surroundings, which means she might better handle meeting mom when she comes home."

"Eh, kind of a long shot," Catra said. "I still think she's gonna freak out. Ouch!"

Adora slightly kicked Catra on the leg before agreeing with Glimmer.

"I think that's a good plan. Let's wait till she wakes up and then slowly introduce her to everything."

Glimmer nodded.

"Okay. I'll stay with her. You guys don't have to if you need to do other things."

"Nah, we'll stay," Bow smiled. "We don't mind."

Catra yawned again and curled up on her side.

"It's whatever. I need a nap anyway. Adora, come be my pillow."

Adora rolled her eyes, but then walked over to her girlfriend with a smile.

"You're so weird."

Glimmer beamed thankfully at her friends. Hopefully, she was making the right choice. The sudden pressure of being a good sister had been growing from the moment the girl was found and she wanted to make sure that Zip's first day back ran as smoothly as possible.

"I hope I'm not terrible at this. I promise I'll be the best big sister to you. I just hope this works."

"Nnn..."

Zip slowly began to come to, the brightness of the room forcing her to squint.

"What happened?"

With a small grumble, she sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Did I fall asleep? No, ugh, I fainted."

She groaned as the memories of the fight came flooding back.

"Great. They saw me like this. I'll never hear the end of it. Huh?"

It was then she noticed that she wasn't alone. Catra and Adora were beside her on the floor. Adora had her back against the platform Zip had been planted on while Catra was snoozing in the woman's lap. Not too far from them was Bow. He was standing against the wall, little snores slipping from his mouth.

"Zip?"

She gasped and turned to find another standing on her other side.

"Glimmer?"

"Hey," she said with a smile. "I'm glad you're awake."

She rubbed her again groggily.

"How long have I been out?"

"Just a few hours," Glimmer answered. "Seems you used up a lot of magic. How do you feel?"

Zip swung her legs around the platform and stretched. She was pleasantly surprised at how she felt.