Chapter 5 | Dahlia Addams

Enid turned around to look at the boy with the beanie. "Yo, Enid! You're not gonna believe the dirt I heard about your new roommates." Enid looked at the boy. "They eat human flesh! Totally chowed down on that kid they murdered. You better watch your back."

Enid stepped aside letting me and Wednesday come into the boys eyesight. "Quite the contrary. I actually fillet the bodies of my victims, then feed them to my menagerie of pets." Wednesday told the boy.

"I do not eat or kill humans, that's all Wednesday." I stated to make things clear as a black flower popped up in my hair and Wednesday plucked it off of my head and handed the flower to me.

"Ajax, these are my new roommates, Wednesday and Dahlia." Enid told the boy with the beanie as Enid pointed to me and Wednesday as she said our names.

Ajax looked at Wednesday. "Whoa." Ajax exclaimed. "You're in black and white. Like a living Instagram filter." Ajax said and it made me chuckle just a little.

"Ignore him." Enid told me and Wednesday. Enid pushed Ajax away and said. "Gorgons spend way to much time getting stoned." I looked at Ajax and a few pink flowers popped up from my hair. "He's cute, but clueless." Enid stated.

🥀🖤🥀🖤

"you know, it's a small school. There wasn't much online about you two." Enid gasped excitedly. "You know, you should really get on Insta, Snapchat and TikTok!"

Wednesday then said. "I find social media to be a soul-sucking void of meaningless affirmation." Wednesday doesn't want to be a slave of technology, but in contrast to her, I do have a phone and I would love to have social media.

"I would love to." I told Enid. "Will you help me get it all up today?" I asked Enid as a big smile smeared itself on Enid her face.

Enid jumped in excitement. "I would love to help you!" Wednesday turned around and walked away, I followed Wednesday and we walked to the entrance of the school to say goodbye to our parents.

🥀🖤🥀🖤

Wednesday and I had put on our new school uniforms and we walked out of the school, towards our parents.

"Look at you, my little deathtraps." Our father said as he opened his arms and walked towards us giving Wednesday a short hug and me a longer one. "Seeing you two in these uniforms brings back so many terrible memories. Doesn't it, Tish?"

My mother smiled widely and said. "Yes." My mother slowly lets her smile fade. "Why don't you boys go wait in the car. Wednesday, Dahlia and I need a moment." She told my father and my younger brother.

Pugsley slowly walks towards me and Wednesday, he gives Wednesday a hug. "Pugsley, you're soft and weak. You'll never survive without me or Dahlia. I give you two months, tops." Wednesday told Pugsley as a way of saying that Wednesday is going to miss Pugsley. "I'm gonna miss you too, sis." Pugsley told Wednesday.

Pugsley gave me a hug and I hugged him back. "If you need to talk, call me through the crystal ball, I'm sure mother and father will give us one." I told Pugsley.

Pugsley looked up at me and said. "I'm gonna miss you, sis." I hugged Pugsley a little tighter, putting my chin on the top of Pugsley his head. "I'm gonna miss you too, Pugs." I told him as I let Pugsley go.

Pugsley and I have always had a very close bond, and we still have. Pugsley got in the car and waved at me and Wednesday for the last time.

Our mother walked towards Wednesday. "Any plans you have of running away end right now. I've alerted all family members to contact me the minute you darken their doorstep. You have nowhere to go."

Wednesday looked our mother dead in the eye. "As usual, you underestimate me, mother. I will escape this educational penitentiary, and you will never hear from me again."

Our mother sighs as she shakes her head. "You are a brilliant girl, Wednesday, but sometimes you get in your own way. I'm sure you'll grow to love nevermore, and find it as life changing as I did." At the last part our mother also looked at me as she gave me a small smile.

Our mother gave Wednesday a necklace with an M on it, but when you turn it, the M becomes a W. Mother also gave me a necklace, the necklace had a flower engraved in it, a Black Dahlia. Both of the necklaces made of obsidian, which Aztec priests used to conjure visions, Mother said that it's a symbol of our connection.

Wednesday gave our mother an ungrateful comment as I thanked our mother for the necklace. "I'm not you mother. I will never fall in love, or be a house wife, or have a family." Wednesday told our mother.

Our mother looked a little hurt and she said. "I'm told, girls your age say hurtful things, and I shouldn't take it to the heart."

Wednesday looked down at her necklace and said. "Fortunately, you don't have one." A smile appeared on my mother her face. "Finally, a kind word for your mother."

Our mother looked at Lurch and stretched out her arm to him. "Luch, the crystal ball, please." Lurch gave the crystal ball to our mother who gave it to Wednesday.

Our mother looked at me. "Now, we can't talk to you for the first week while you're settling in, so we'll call you next Sunday." Mother said.

Mother smiled at Wednesday and she gave me a small hug and then mother turned around and got in the car. Lurch closed the door behind my mother and then Lurch himself also got in the car and they drove away.