A helpful rumor - Chapter 1

"Hey, have you heard the rumor of the girl in the abandoned garden. They say at first shell look like someone you know and trust and then they'll ask you if you need help if you refuse their help, they say you'll become one of the flowers! They call her Yakudatsu Kanaki!" Aoi exclaims as she is getting her hair brushed by Akane.

"Don't say stuff like that Aoi! You're going to cursed me like all those other times!" Yashiro exclaims. Aoi chuckles.

"What do you mean other times? Nene, I wish I had an imagination like yours!" Aoi gives Akane her hair tie as he ties it up in her usual hairstyle,

"10 points to you Akane! Thanks!" Aoi stands up and runs out of the classroom as Akane blushes marveling in the ten points he just earned.

"Um...Akane is there another wonder I should worry about..." Nene asks.

"No there are only 7 seats and only one empty seat has been claimed.  Stop worrying so much." Akane sighs. Nene sighs a sigh of relief. Even if she encountered the ghost Hanako-kun would be able to save her with ease.

Akane stands up and brushes the dust off his pants.

"Plus, that rumor has been around for so long that if there was a spirit there, they would have passed on already." Akane says coldly.

"I guess you're right thank you Akane!" Nene exclaims rushing out of the room. Why was she rushing? She had forgotten that she had to water her plants today.

Nene arrives at her garden to see a note from the club leader plastered onto the greenhouse window reading (Hey Nene when you arrive, I need you to go to the abandoned garden to get me some more seeds the ones in the red and pink packets it's tomato season and we're gonna grow a bunch! -Love Nishika).

"I'm cursed....." Nene sighs. Maybe it's just a sign it won't happen don't worry Nene I'm sure everything will be ay okay!

Nene puts on her gardening overalls and braids her hair getting ready to go over to the abandoned garden. Kou runs over to her. "Yashiro-senpai!" Kou exclaims.

"Hey Kou! What's up!" Yashiro asks. Kou clears his throat.

"Not much.... but um Do you want to go to the abandoned garden with me! I wanna try exorcising a ghost for the first time!" Kou exclaims. Nene thinks this must be fate.

"I'm already going to the garden to get some seeds for Nishika-senpai already!" Nene exclaims. Kou gets excited as they both jump up and down excited to see a weak spirit for once. An easy job.

"Let's go!" Kou grabs Nene's arm and the runoff to the east side of the abandoned building. They arrive at the garden entrance it's rusty metal fence and the plants all look like they're dying. Nene is starting to regret her decision. Kou enters the garden looking around for the ghost. Nene steps foot into the garden and something taps her on her shoulder.

"Boo." Hanako says as Nene screams. 
"Don't do that again Hanako! You scared me!" Nene exclaimed.

"Aw but it's fun!" Hanako chuckles. Nene keeps walking through the garden looking in the garden bed just in case the seed packet is in one of them.

" Whatcha doing?" Hanako asks floating next to Nene looking at the same thing she is.

"I'm looking for seeds that Nishika-senpai put somewhere here." Nene says as she opens a rusty shed door, and the wind blows cobwebs in her face.

"Well do you need help from your best buddy Amane?" Hanako asks.

"No, I don't especially not from you. Hmph." Nene says only a millisecond after realizing that that Hanako doesn't call himself Amane let alone mention his name.

The "Hanako" floating next to her frowned as it turns into a girl wearing an old uniform with dark short orange hair and light orange eyes and light blue pupils. She has pale white skin and is wearing no shoes. A shovel appears in her hand. 

"I just want to help you..... All I ever want is to help!" She swings the shovel at Nene.

"HANAKO! HELP ME!" Nene yells as the shovel is about to hit her it is blocked by Hanako's knife.

"Trying to kill my assistant I see." Hanako chuckles as he goes to stab the ghost and a flower blocks it.

"Leave please... just leave now!" The girl throws her shovel at Hanako as her eyes turn black and purple smoke appears. 

"What...." Nene asks.

"I-i don't want to do this anymore.... The poor people... All I ever wanted to do was to help." The girl falls to her knees crying. "I even stopped tending to the garden so they wouldn't come and it broke my heart..... but I couldn't.... stop people from being curious... to stop them from turning into flowers..." She cries and the flowers grow faces and disappear popping up next to her patting her.

Nene feels bad for her and walks over to the girl.

"Um... hey.... What's your name..." Nene asks. Hanako floats next to Nene. 

"Be careful Yashiro she might be trying to kill you." Hanako says warning Nene.

"My name.... All they call me now is Yakudatsu Kanaki.... my real name I can't remember... please leave before he comes to take the tax...." The girl says.

"Who? What tax?" Nene asks. Nene crouches next to Kanaki as Kanaki looks up at her panicked.

"Yashiro! Get back!" Hanako grabs Yashiro and jumps back as purple smoke floods the garden and Tsukasa stands next to Kanaki.

"Hey. Defying your wish. That's a no no. But I'm here to help you. Do you want to help more people still."  Tsukasa asks Kanaki.

"W-will I have to hurt them if the deny my help...." Kanaki asks.

"Kanaki don't trust him!" Nene yells.

"Here Kanaki-chan Think about something you hold dear." Tsukasa gives a black seal to Kanaki. 

"Someone I hold dear...." Kanaki says as Nene runs towards Kanaki.

"No! Don't do it Kanaki!" Nene reaches out to Kanaki as the number 2 appears as the seal disappears. 

"It hurts.." Kanaki reaches out to Nene before she disappears.

Nene falls to her knees. 

"We have to figure out which seat she took." Hanako says firmly picking up Nene as the smoke disappears.