Chapter 4

As I follow behind him I'm tempted to turn off and head home I call Lori Hey Siri call Bestie,

"Siri calling Beatie" she picks up on the second ring

Lori, bitch WYA I beat you to the house.

Tima, I know I ran to Target to get some things for my trip and ran into Grey, and he asked me to come over so we could talk, talking about he needs closure and shit like I'm the one that did him dirty TF.

Lori, wow bitch, so what are you gonna do are you gonna go talk to him or what cause TBH fren you need it as well. You haven't so much as looked at a man since moving back I know you were hurt and still are but I think this will free you, sis. Just go and hear him out and speak your truth and don't let him get in your head I know you still have love for him and all that but if that is not what you want then say that and be done. I just want you to be happy again.

Hold up bitch I am happy TF

I know that I mean truly happy that little spark in your eye that's what I want to see back sis that's all I'm saying speak your truth and stand on business.

I hear you sis thanks I needed that cause listen I was about to turn around and head home 😆.

Lori, I bet yo ass was 😆 just call me when you are heading home, and don't do anything I would do. She said hanging up on me.

This bitch, did she just hang up on me. I place my phone in the seat and continue to follow G to his house the drive is like 30 minutes away  I turn on my Bluetooth to listen to some music to drown out my thoughts. Jazmine Sullivan's Forever Don't Last Blast through the speakers of my truck I sing along with my whole chest.

I had high hopes for us, baby
Like I was on dope for us baby

Chasin' after a high that I'll never get back again
So we turn into three long years

And it became painfully clear that we would never see those days again

But I guess forever, doesn't last too long forever doesn't last too long these days, hey And I try to believe that we would make it But trying don't work, so I just have to face that forever Doesn't last too long forever these days, hey

As all the memories come flooding back the good and the bad I feel a tear run down my face it wasn't always bad this man was my first everything. He showed me so much and took just as much I need this more than I thought I did.

We finally pulled up to his house it was a nice home and it had this nice wrap-around driveway nice two-story house very modern. This house fits G well.

He pulls in and hops out to come open my door he reaches for my hand to help me get out.

Thank you, you have a nice home I say getting out of my truck.

G, thanks come on let me take that for you.

Tima, what my purse naw I got it I lock my truck and follow him to the door he opens the door and it is much nicer on the inside hum, who helped you decorate your lady I say.

G, Laughing, I don't have a lady you funny, naw I hired someone to decorate it for me.

Tima, oh I see cause this is not what we had back in Cali,