Chapter 2

I kept walking like I didn't hear him call my name, the way he said my name had my heart beating out of my chest. I walk a little faster just to get to my office when I hear him call my name again.

Tima, I know you hear me yo Tima,

I stop in my tracks turn on my heels and face him don't you fucking call me that you lost that right years ago. I said through gritted teeth. He holds his hand up in defense.

Yo my bad, I didn't mean no disrespect, I was just making sure that was you. I was hoping to run into you.

I was still stuck looking at him the man that once brought me so much joy and pain. He is still fine as ever.  Clearing my throat, excuse me what did u say?

I was hoping I'd run into you. I've been coming here for the past 8 months hoping that I would get a chance to see you. I finally saw Lori yesterday and I asked her about you.

What are you asking her about me for? You don't need to concern yourself with my whereabouts.

Look Tima, " don't call me that" It's Fatima to you, or better yet Ms. Wilson would work just fine.

Ms. Wilson I see, I take it that you're not married. He smiles as the words roll out of his mouth.

WTF are you smiling for and no I am not married, as if that's any of your business.

I'm just saying you said to call you Ms. Wilson so I assume you weren't married, but that's good to know tho.

What, how is that good to know, as he stood there with this sly ass grin on his face.

Oh no reason, as he runs his hand over his beard. But yeah I gotta get going I'll see you around Ti.. don't you, he cuts me off I'm just messing with you Fatima he laughs and turns around and heads back to the front of the store and walks right out.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding I make my way to my office and sit down my emotions were all over the fucking place. God please keep me near the cross cause that man, there shit he just does something to me. I was brought out of my thoughts by a knock on my door, come in a say.

Lori, yo bitch why you didn't tell me you were coming in today hell we could have ridden together.

Bitch I didn't want that negative ass energy you were throwing off at the house I say Laughing.

Lori, aw bitch fuck you, but anyways was that who I thought it was walking to his car, she said with a little too much excitement in her voice.

Damn, bitch don't be too excited, but yea that was his ass. Walked up in here all fine and shit talking about yo Tima is that you.

Lori is cracking up, you sound just like his ass. What did he want?

Hell idk I wasn't trying to find out, I'm doing good for myself and I don't need his ass coming around and fucking my head up again.