Chapter six: A Demon Like Me

Not too long before extermination day, Alastor would host a night at his bar for some of the more powerful people in Hell. It was an invitation only event. While some thought he hosted it just in case one of his 'friends' were slaughtered, that was not the case. Alastor doubted he, or the people he associated with, would be killed in an extermination. Overlords were not often attacked, though it could happen. He simply held it because he enjoyed it. He thrived seeing some of hells most powerful all in one room, and they were in that room for him. This whole event started whenever they would all agree to meet before exterminations, so naturally Alastor saw it as an opportunity to host.

Husk was forced to man the door, curtsy of his deal with Alastor. He asked each demon who arrived their name and checked them off the list. It was boringly easy as Alastor had invited the same exact people since Husk lost his soul. So you could guess how surprised Husk was when he saw the same tv who he had to call in approach him.
"Uh.. state your name please?" Husk said, slightly confused.
"...Vox." Said the television who was even more confused. Husk scanned the list, and there was his name.
"Welcome..." the cat stepped aside to open the door, "and make sure you actually pay for your drink this time." Husk shot back. He watched Vox's eyes widen in confusion, then shift as he realized he had left the bar without paying last time. Husk smirked as he shut the door, leaving Vox stunned and inside the building.

Vox turned and saw roughly 10 other people here. He was expecting much more. He felt increasingly nervous as he didn't know where to sit. Just as he was about to go stand in a corner, a female demon laid her eyes on him and smiled wide, much like Alastor. She was dressed in a classy red dress that was reminiscent of the Victorian era. It had red lace all over. She walked towards Vox and beamed,
"Oh my stars, why hello there! You must be Vox!" She grabbed his hand and shook it enthusiastically. Vox shook back as much as he could. Vox knew he recognized her as an overloaded, but he couldn't remember her name.
"I'm Rosie of cannibal town! I've heard so much about, it's pleasure to finally be in your company." She said, releasing his hand.
"Oh, has my name made it back to cannibal town?" Vox asked, his curiosity getting the better of him. Rosie paused for a second and just blinked at him. It was honestly unsettling.
"You could say that.." she shrugged.

       Vox ended up sitting with Rosie and the overlord known as Zestial. He couldn't believe Alastor invited him here. Compared to everyone else present he was no where near powerful enough. Finding out it was an invitation only event as blew his pixel mind. He felt, out of place. This wasn't a feeling foreign to Vox, he's a walking tv after all. But he hated that he felt it now. He knew Alastor would be able to tell, and he hated that.

      "Dost thou intend to enforce... technology, yes?" Zestial asked, bringing Vox out of his thoughts.
"Yes.." he took a minute to process the way Zestial spoke, "I think it's important to progress so that once more... current sinners arrive they will feel comfortable." Vox explained while carefullying thinking over each word. The last thing he would want to do is offend someone like Zestial. Although Vox found that much like Alastor, both Zestial and Rosie were difficult to read. He wondered if they purposefully took after him, or vice versa.

Not long later, after the tables had been served drinks, the lights dimmed. This silenced the room. An ominous piano opening began to play.
"Oh I cannot wait!" Vox heard Rosie cheer. The curtains slowly opened to reveal Alastor, facing the back. He had his usual microphone cane. He was wearing a read button down shirt with black slacks, and a black, silk vest. That outfit fit him all too well. Once Vox processed the sight he realized.. is he going to sing?? Vox wasn't sure if he could handle this without crashing. He tried to keep his breathing steady as the jazz ensemble filled the room. As soon as the bari saxophone kicked in, so did Alastor. He turned around smoothly and began to strut to the beat. Vox thought he might as well be considered dead.