Chapter four: You Put a Spell On Me

A/n:
This song is intertwined with the story, the lyrics will be used. Listening to it gives you the full experience towards the end >:)

Alastor had some business to do in Cannibal Town today. He figured he'd stop by to catch up with Rosie as well. Rosie was one of the few, if not the only, people Alastor considered a 'friend.' He genuinely enjoyed her company and respected her as an individual. There was no contract or ulterior motives to them hanging out, at least not most of the time.

Alastor walked in the familiar building in which Rosie was giving her citizens advice in. He had no need to wait in line to see her, he's the radio demon after all.
"Is that Alastor!? Excuse me dear, I mustn't keep a friend waiting!" Rosie beamed upon seeing him. She led Alastor to one of her lounge like rooms.
"I heard you were coming into town today. I'm so glad you decided to stop by!" She said as she sat down on a couch. Alastor sat down as well.
"How sweet, I did feel like we were due for some quality time again!" He cheered. Rosie smiled.

      "So, what have you been up to? Any new victims?" She asked. Alastor thought but then realized, the only thing out of his routine has been Vox. Was he a 'victim?'
"Well..." Alastor started, he tilted his head to the side, "I've had an, investment of my time recently." Alastor said as he clasped his hands together.
"Oh? Care to share?" Rosie leaned forward. Alastor stood up and said,
"Have you heard of the arising television demon?" He leaned forward. Rosie thought for a moment.
"Hmm... not that I can recall! I only remember you talking about 'new technology' on your broadcast." she said with finger quotes. Alastor stood straight again and began to walk back and fourth.

     "I met up with him to better analyze him. He proved rather, entertaining. He has this... drive that nearly reminds me of my earlier self. Yet despite this, I think his goals are utterly useless! I was first under the impression that he would be useless as well, but in addition to his stimulating reactions to me, he's proven to have the potential to be powerful, very powerful." He rambled. Rosie watched intently to find his very small physical reads she's learned to pick up on.
"What kind of power?" She asked curiously. Alastor halted. He was contemplating.
"If I told you my dear Rosie... then I'd have to kill you." He leant down to her eye level. They both laughed, their morbid senses of humor matching perfectly. They both were aware of the irony that he could kill her at any given time.

        "Oh Alastor, I haven't heard you speak of anyone like this since.... ever!" After Rosie said that, the words rang through his ears with disgust following. His smile twitched, catching Rosie's attention. He cleared his throat.
"I'm interested in his power and drive. There is nothing out of the ordinary here, Rosie." He said. It was now clear that Rosie's words got under his skin.
"But of course, my mistake, Alastor." She expressed.
"But I must ask, do you enjoy his company?" Alastor was lucky he was fond of her or a question like that would've gotten the average demon torn to shreds.
"I'd like to see what path he takes; if he'll make the wrong decisions or the right ones... I'd like to see if he'll become a worthy opponent or just another low life. And to answer these questions, I do in fact have to be around him." Alastor said, the sass in his voice made Rosie smile.

       "Darling, you didn't answer the question." Rosie pointed out. Alastor made a static screech.
"Rosie... why are you pestering me like this? You know how I feel about frivolous conversations." Alastor placed his fingers on the bridge of his nose out of stressed. His voice was low.
"Because I know you Alastor, and I can tell when somethings piqued your interest." She stood, "it's just a simple question. But if it troubles you that much then you don't ha-"
"Yes." Alastor interrupted her as she walked towards him.
"He's pathetic. And I enjoy watching him." The two overlords met eyes. Rosie sighed.
"So are you helping or hurting him?" She asked curiously.
"Both."