40.

R A N V I

R A N V I

A lot of things that happen in our life are unnecessary. Sometimes it bothers me, and as much as I hate those factors, I can't step back. It took me ages to climb all those stairs and come so close to my goal, turning back or running away from Aaran will not help my situation because we both know only he can help me find the culprit, and he was also going to discuss the culprit but then that wildcat stepped.

I paused on my steps, then turned my step but stopped again. “What if he lies?” I asked myself. Another striking pain triggered my walking and I exhaled for the nth time.

“If you step outside this place, I will burn this place.”

My eyes widened as I realized that he doesn't joke. He will actually burn the greenhouse and numerous plants will lose their lives because of this inhuman. I took a few hurried steps towards the greenhouse, luckily I just stepped inside the mansion which means I can rush back to the greenhouse.

No doubt Aaran doesn't have a heart and I don't want him to prove it to me by burning the beautiful place. “Aaran wait—” I screamed on top of my lungs, as I stormed inside only to notice him holding a lighter in his hand.

“You came back?” He speaks, and I nodded slowly, my eyes pinned to the silver lighter which has a snake thing engraved on it. “Don't…drop it.”

He lifts his gaze to me and the usual smile is back. “I warned you, to not step outside this place, but you turned me down. Now you need to learn a lesson.” He was about to drop the lighter when I spoke again.

“Please Aaran—no. I will stay here just don't do that. Why can't you respect the life of little plants?” I yelled, but Aaran wasn't bothered at all. One of his hands was tugged in his pocket, the other one was holding the lighter.

I lifted my leg and decided to run to him, to grab that object when the pain from morning strikes back. The pain was so sharp that I dropped on the ground, one of my hands gripped around the inflammation, while the other was on the ground.

“Shit.” I uttered under my breath. My eyes shut because of the pain, and my nails dug into my skin. I should have spared some medicine on it but damn—I was so busy with my intrusive thoughts.

I slowly opened my eyes and the first thing that caught my eye was a hand. I lift my eyes to look at the owner of the hand, and it turns out it was my Fiancé. How does he manage to keep the same expression all the time?

Sometimes your gut feeling is right, in my case it's always right and right now, it's saying to take help from him because he caused a problem for me. I kept my hand in his, and it feels weird, but my hand is smaller than his.

I gently lifted myself to stand and the moment I stood, I was in the air. Aaran was carrying me in his arms, I wrapped my left hand around his neck while the Second one was on my thigh. He didn't pass me a second glare, and then he started walking, his pace was fast but when a painful hiss left my mouth, he slowed himself.