|| 19. DINNER ||

DLF EMPORIO MALL
VASANT KUNJ, NEW DELHI

Ishita roamed along with her mother in law, who entered the LV showroom and started to go through the men's perfume collection. Ishita timidly looked at her mother in law who picked some expensive perfumes and sent them on the counter for billing. She signalled Ishita to come next to her and hold her hand softly, "LV is one of your husband's favourite perfume brands. Why don't you pick one for him?"

"Me!! But I don't know about his choices."

"It's okay dear. Pick one of his preference and another one of his choice." Santhosh left a tight squeeze on her shoulder and left to check other stuffs whereas Ishita was in a deep fix while selecting perfume of her choice. After a lot of hesitation she finally picked a small bottle of perfume of her choice and handed to her mother in law. Once done with the shopping they moved to next store. Santhosh introduced her with Raman favourite formal shirt brand too and encouraged her to buy shirts for him. The reluctance still didn't left Ishita but she dared to pick some dark striped shirt for Raman considering his fair complexion and love for dark shades. It was different and new for Ishita to shop from such a luxury brand, the cost of one shirt was nearly equal to the amount they spent on ration back at her place.

This is a part of a society where someone is privileged to get an extravaganza and others are struggling.

Santhosh can still sense her hesitation, Ishita belongs from a different social background. She expected exactly such reaction from her. This is one of the primarily reason why she was against this marriage, she knows Raman taste and his ways of living. Yes he is a responsible person but at a same time, born with a silver spoon he had a lavish lifestyle. Since childhood he is all about brands and luxury and it's clearly not his fault. What normal people's consider as luxury, for Raman it is  a necessity. Ishita is going to take a hell of time to adjust to this new environment but what santhosh learnt about Ishita till date, she is sure that Ishita is like a clay which can mould into whatever shape they wish.

"Chale beta?" Santhosh tapped Ishita shoulder making her come out from her own dream land. She nodded her head and followed Santhosh like a lost puppy.

Ye kapde sach mein itne mehenge hote hai? Par itne mehenge kapdo ka ye log karte kya honge? Wait! Raman itne mehenge kapde pehen ke kya karte honge. Shakal toh vaisi hi rahegi unki.

Kadoo jaisi.

Ishita murmured to herself, they stopped outside of a cafe. She saw her mother in law going inside the cafe, maybe she went there to meet someone or to get something. She started to roam her eyes around to pass her time when her gaze fell upon a known figure seated in the selucated corner of the cafe. Ishita went closer to confirm her doubt which became true, she gasped with surprise and immediately dialled her sister Mihika number.

"Miku, you won't believe what I seen just now."

"What akka?"

"Trishna is here in DLF Mall with some guy. From where she got so much money and she also had some bags which belongs from luxury brand."

"Oh god! Now I am sure where the money went. Akka the money you and jiju got in that party was missing since last few days. I am sure she must have stolen." Mihika gritted from the other side, cursing her younger sister. "Akka please confront her na."

"I am with my mother in law right now, it's not possible for me." Ishita reasoned, she just hoped if Santhosh Bhalla didn't spot her. "Miku what if Trishna committed some mistake? I am really scared about her."

"Don't worry Akka, you just concentrate on your life. I don't think if aunt Minakshi and her daughter are worth of our attention and I will try to talk to her as well." The sister talked little more and then disconnected the call, Santhosh came out from the cafe and handed her flask of cold coffee. Ishita was badly famished and yes the tempting aroma of cold coffee watered her taste buds. The two went back towards the parking area carrying bags in their hands. Ishita didn't dare to ask anything about their past but from the conversation happened with her mother in law she came to know that Santhosh Singh is associated with many NGO's in India and also in abroad. Earlier she worked in Bhalla Industries in marketing and advertisment department. A soft spoken and highly qualified woman originally hail from Canada, her siblings still live there.