Prologue

March 2019

"Is it true?"

It was about two hours after Monday Night Raw went off the air and Seth Rollins had been eager to get to his now ex boyfriend's hotel room. He knew where he was staying because Roman had no issue letting Seth know where he'd be able to find Dean. And so, Seth knocked until his ex opened the door and immediately felt nauseous. Seth asked the question Dean had been trying to avoid.

"Tell me Dean! Are you fucking leaving?!" Seth shouted, forgetting that there are others in different rooms who could probably hear him.

"Stop shouting- just get in here." Dean said, grabbing the other males arm and tugged him inside of his room. He shut the door and turned to face Seth who had tears in his eyes. "How did you find out?"

"I overheard management talking about people they were letting go. You're not renewing your fucking contract?!" Seth cried, he knew it was true. He knew he wasn't making shit up or that he had just heard things.

Dean stood there in defeat, not knowing what to say or do. He sighed and walked over to the bed, taking a seat because he felt as though if he didn't, he might collapse.

"Is this why you broke up with me?" Seth asked, his eyes following Dean. He stood there, his arms crossed, demanding answers. He could physically feel his heart breaking.

"Kinda..." Dean shrugged at that. But it was the reason Dean broke it off. Dean wanted to explore other opportunities for his career. He was unhappy with WWE. "Seth, I didn't want to go. I really didn't. But you and Roman were the only reason I was staying around. God, because, who the fuck am I without you both. Even with just you Seth, you fucking make me relevant. Without you and him, I'm just the crazy ass lunatic who's putting fucking needles in my ass on live television in hopes the crowd doesn't give me rabies. I mean come on, making me walk out in a gas mask to protect myself from the smell of the city?"

Of course, this was the insane reality of what his career in WWE came to. They were using Dean as a joke. They were wasting away his talent and refusing to listen to what he wanted with his character and he was just fucking done.

Seth listened to every word Dean was saying and he couldn't disagree with any of it. Seth and Roman were always fine without the shield but Dean was right. He was kind of out of place without them.

"Will you come back... ever?" Seth asked, before walking over and taking a seat beside the other male.

That wasn't an easy question to answer because Dean was truly unsure about it. "I guess I'd consider it if Vince is ever gone before I retire but for the time being, probably not."

Seth had tears falling down his cheeks now. It was really over. Deans contract was up in less than a month and after that, who knows if he'd ever see him again.

Dean put an arm around Seth's shoulder and rubbed his arm gently, trying to calm him down. "You know, I was so happy that creative put us back together. I thought things were turning back into the right direction... and then they have us win the tag belts just to have me stab you in the back. I mean... I think that's when I knew I was going to quit." Dean admitted, looking over at the other male whose tears didn't seem to stop falling. It broke Dean's heart, all
of this hurt. He first broke it off with Seth about a week prior to this and now, Seth knew why.

Seth wiped away his tears and then he put his hands on Deans cheeks, "then go do what you need to do. I just want you to be happy. You deserve a good run in your career before you decide to retire." He whispered and he meant it. He knew Dean was unhappy in WWE.