Chapter 1

The day Abigail and Bonnie Bennett were in the caves, they opened the coffin and there were actually two blasts. One was from the coffin itself. The other was a wall in the cave. A very young light brown skinned woman stepped out of the wall and looked around curiously. So much darkness and anger built over such a long time. The girl wandered for hours. Just confused and overwhelmed by the world around her. It was hotter. And too bright. Not enough trees or shade. She moved through the weird homes until she saw another young woman. Also brown skinned.

"Please. I beg your assistance. Where am I?" she asked. They touched and both got visions.

"You're a witch. Come with me," the girl said and led her away.

They ended up in the girl's dwelling. It was quite cold. "I'm Bonnie. What's your name?" the young girl asked.

"I need to speak to my family. Do you happen to have a candle?"

"Of course." Bonnie left the room and came back. The woman touched the candle and the wick lit. Then she chanted in Latin with her eyes closed. She opened them and they were glazed with tears. Bonnie saw such fear.

"No family."

"Well I think we're actually related. That's why I asked your name."

"Mandisa. But Mama and Papa often called me their amore. Their love." Mandisa sat down and covered her mouth as she silently sobbed.

"They sound great." She nodded, tears falling down her rounded cheeks. The sky grew dark outside, weird since it was hot that day.

"Whoa," Bonnie said.

"My papa. He was supposed to be here," Mandisa cried and began to fold over, hugging herself. Bonnie could do nothing as the girl sobbed herself into a fit and created a storm outside. Then eventually she seemed to exhaust herself and fell asleep on the floor.

Bonnie didn't call any of her friends to tell them of her guest. But the next day Elena and Caroline showed up. "Where is Abigail?" Caroline asked. Bonnie didn't invite them in and actually moved to the porch so they could talk.

"I don't know. I've actually been busy." Bonnie said then there was a scream that came from inside. All three girls rushed in to see Mandisa shaking in the corner with a loud television on.

"They are trapped. Can we get them out?" she asked, fearfully. Bonnie went and turned off the television.

"Mandisa, it's television. Technology. It would be very difficult to explain right now. I made you some tea and eggs and toast. Its in the kitchen." Bonnie led her there and sat her at the table before going back to her friends.

"Who is she?"

"Her name is Mandisa. I think she was entombed in the cave where the paintings were. When we opened the casket, the wall blew too. She found me the next day."

"How do you know you can trust her?" Elena asked.

"I got the same feeling I did with Lucy. She's family. I know it."

"Then why was she in the cave? She has to have something to do with the Mikaelsons." Mandisa came rushing in.

"Mikael?" she asked of her father's name.

"You knew him?"

"Where is he?"

"Dead now. Killed by Klaus. That was another failed plan." Caroline announced very nonchalantly. Mandisa broke down and the sky darkened again.

"Is that her?" Elena asked about the weather.

"Papa!" Mandisa cried out and dropped to the floor on her knees. Bonnie went down and tried to comfort her.