"Thanks, Tay," I hummed before dropping her hand and quickly shifting the car into gear to begin the drive home.  The light from the digital display was the sole source illuminating the car, yet Taylor's diamond necklace was still shining under the low light.

As I made it onto the main highway, the time shining on the dashboard caught my attention.  It was already after ten.  I had promised Gigi that I would be home by ten so that she could get on the road back to the city.  It was an hour's drive, and I didn't want her to make it when she was too tired to get there safely.  Taking Taylor to her house on the other end of town would add another fifteen minutes to my drive each way, plus however long it took me to get her inside.

I glanced over at the blonde, whose eyelids were heavy, and her curls rested against the window.  She looked so peaceful and serene as she looked out at the poorly lit road.

"Hey, Tay," I whispered softly, trying my best not to disturb her peace.

"Hmm?" she hummed out in response, turning slightly in her seat to look at me.
"Would it be okay if you stayed at mine tonight? I just promised Gigi I would be home at a decent time so she could drive home, and your house is all the way on the other end of town. You can take my bed, and I'll sleep on the couch," I rambled on. I could feel my grip on the steering wheel tighten as the nerves bubbled up in my body at my suggestion.

The blonde simply hummed and nodded in response, her eyes never drifting from their gaze out the window.  I blew out a breath I didn't know I was holding in and focused on getting us home safely.

When I pulled into the driveway, my headlights illuminated the tan garage door as it slowly rattled along the track.  Once my car was securely nestled inside, the door rattled again behind us as I turned off the engine.

As I opened the car door, the dim interior lights illuminated Taylor's blonde ringlets, and her sky-blue eyes slowly blinked at the intrusion of the light.  I gently closed the car door and made my way around to the passenger side of the car.

I carefully pulled open Taylor's door, making sure the blonde wasn't relying too heavily on it for support.  She quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and rubbed her droopy eyelids before sliding out of the car, her heels forgotten on the hard plastic floorboard covers. 

I once again attempted to shut the door as quietly as possible before making my way to the white wooden door that led into the house, Taylor following along behind me.  I deposited my keys into the bowl along the entryway and made my way to the living room.  Another familiar blonde was lounging on my navy sectional; her hair fanned out on the cushion.

"Hey, Gi, I'm home," I speak softly so as not to frighten my best friend or wake up the sleeping toddler down the hall.

Gigi picks her head up and turns to look at me, a soft smile settling on her lips. 

"Hey, Kar," she greets warmly.

"How was my little nugget?" I warmly ask, crossing the living room to sit beside the blonde.

"Oh, she's always a perfect angel. She's been down for about two hours, and she went right to sleep. We played with PlayDough, and she took a bath, too," the blonde beamed as she recounted her evening with my daughter. I love their bond, and I know I can always count on Gigi to help me out with Emery.

"Thank you so much again, Gigi.  I won't keep you so you can get home to your new guy," I gave her a playful wink as she got up to gather her coat.

I guess Taylor wasn't as close behind me as I had thought when I heard the garage door practically slam shut.  Gigi jumped from her spot near the front door, clearly not expecting someone else to be in the house, and seconds later, I heard a loud cry sound from Emery's room down the hall.