One

*Ava is back with a brand new look! This will be a new outlook on my OC Ava and Opie Winston! I'm beginning a new update schedule which will make this story be updated every Wednesday. If you haven't checked out my other stories, they're on my profile! Comments and votes are appreciated! Don't forget to follow. You guys rock!! Much love xxx*

"Cheers to the best damn social worker in the world," Ava's friend Courtney laughed as she held a glass of champagne up and clinked her glass with Ava's.

Ava laughed,"Well I couldn't have done it without the best damn lawyer in the world."

"You were golden on the stand, and now those kids are halfway into better lives because of you," Courtney said, turning serious. The pair had met while in college. Ava, being a child welfare social work major, and Courtney studying law.

"That's what it's all about honestly," Ava told her, shrugging as she shifted around in her seat.

"I agree. You know, we've been friends for years now, and you've never really told me about where you came from,"Courtney implored.

Ava shook her head,"That's because it doesn't matter. I think I'm gonna head out before you get me into trouble with all of this celebration." She stood up as Courtney got their coats. As she handed Ava her coat, Courtney said,"You're so mysterious, and I don't get it. Everyone comes from somewhere."

Ava kissed Courtney on the cheek before heading out the door. Pulling up in her driveway, she noticed two bikes parked in front of her house. Her hand immediately rested on the small handgun she kept in her purse as she walked up the steps.

"Whoever is here, come out now, or I'll blow your brains out," she threatened.

"Wow. You take the girl out of Charming, but you can't take the Charming out of the girl," Jax said as he stood up from her rocking chair.

"Jax you fucking idiot, scared the shit out of me," she told him before putting the gun away and opening the door to let him and Opie in.

"I got quite the welcoming party. What's the occasion?" Ava asked as she put her purse and keys down.

"Your uncle's in lockup, but he should be gettin' out in a few days," Opie stated.

"There's a surprise," Ava said with feigned shock.

Jax laughed,"You're still just as feisty as I remember darlin'."

Ava smiled,"Yeah I'm sure. I like to think I've calmed down since we were running around, causing shit for Bobby, Piney and Gemma."

Opie and Jax had been dear friends of Ava's. She'd even called them her best friends, but she decided the club life wasn't for her, and they decided that the club was their life, so they had all went their ways, which included Ava going to Phoenix, Arizona for school and her career afterward.

Opie spoke up at this point,"We're having a welcome home party for him and thought it'd be nice for you to come. Surprise him and shit."

"I can't take off work," Ava said, clearly making excuses.

"Don't give me that bullshit, Avey. Whether you want to admit it or not, that man raised you, and he misses the fuck outta ya. You can take a couple days off," Jax told her.

"Yeah, he raised me, and I can't thank him enough, but that has nothing to do with coming to a damn party that's being thrown for him getting out of jail," she said as Jax was getting visibly angry.

"Look Av," Opie began,"All we're sayin' is to come down for a couple of days, see him, and then you can come back here to your perfect little life."

She knew they were right. She hadn't seen Bobby in over a year, and had only talked to him on the phone a couple of times. She nodded her head,"Here's my number. Text me when it is and shit."