I Daemon's P.O.V

Magsimula sa umpisa

It was only when I claimed the Stepstones, and later, when I held my newborn daughters in my arms, that I came to understand what true rulership meant. I poured my heart and soul into my new domain, earning the love and loyalty of my people in return. They saw in me a leader who truly cared for their well-being, who would not hesitate to fight for their rights and defend their freedoms.

As I watched Viserys allow his own daughter, Rhaenyra, to be mistreated and belittled by the schemers and vipers of the court, I felt a seething anger rise within me. How could he stand idly by while his own flesh and blood suffered? How could he allow her to be cast aside and marginalized, simply because she was not born a son? If anyone dared to treat my daughters with the same callous disregard that Viserys showed towards Rhaenyra, I would unleash the fury of the Fourteen Flames themselves upon them. For a true ruler, a true father, would move heaven and earth to protect their children from harm, no matter the cost.

Viserys may wear the crown, but he lacks the strength and courage to be a king worthy of the title. And if he continues to turn a blind eye to the suffering of his own kin, then I will have no choice but to step in and right the wrongs that he has allowed to fester unchecked.

Then again, that could be my guilt talking. After all I played an important role in Rhaenyra's plight. In my relentless pursuit of a Valyrian bride, I unwittingly groomed my niece into a reflection of my own desires, my own vision of what a wife should be. I pushed her, shaped her, expecting her to fit into the mold I had created for her. When Viserys denied me what I sought, I lashed out in frustration, unleashing my wrath upon those closest to me. And it was Rhaenyra who bore the brunt of my anger, my disappointment. She became collateral damage in my reckless pursuit of my own desires, my own selfish ambitions.

Now, as I reflect upon my actions, I feel a sickening wave of regret washing over me. How could I have been so blind, so callous, as to use my own flesh and blood as a pawn in my schemes? How could I have subjected Rhaenyra to such torment, such anguish, all for the sake of my own desires? It was only after I met Laena, after I fell hopelessly in love with her, that I began to grasp the true depth of my folly. In her gentle embrace, in her unwavering devotion, I found solace and redemption. And in her eyes, I saw reflected the pain and suffering I had inflicted upon Rhaenyra.

My heart aches with remorse for the suffering I caused, for the wounds I inflicted upon my niece's soul. If only I could turn back the hands of time, undo the damage I have done. But alas, the past is immutable, and all I can do now is strive to make amends, to seek forgiveness for the sins of my past. It warmed my heart that despite the trials and tribulations, Rhaenyra had managed to find true love in the arms of her Sworn Shield. Though she cannot wed him, their bond is undeniable, their devotion unwavering.

Watching Rhaenyra with her beloved, I cannot help but feel a swell of pride and joy in my heart. She may not have followed the path the men in her life had laid out for her, but she has forged her own destiny, carved out her own happiness in the face of adversity. And in doing so, she has given House Velaryon a trueborn princess, and the crown two strong princes to be proud of.

I can see the lessons Rhaenyra had learned from Corlys and Rhaenys beginning to bear fruit. She carries herself with a newfound confidence, a regal bearing befitting her station as heir to the throne. She has embraced her role with a sense of purpose, a determination to fulfill her duties to the realm. I am happy for her, truly I am. To see her blossom into the woman she was always meant to be, to witness her growth and maturation, fills me with a sense of fulfillment unlike any other. A sensation I am sure I will not feel until my twins become women themselves.

With this new growth, both Rhaenyra and Laenor had managed to turn the tables on the Greens. The new political landscape filled me with a sense of satisfaction, mingled with a hint of triumph. The balance of power had shifted decisively in favor of the Blacks. Gone were the days when the Greens held sway over the Small Council, their influence diminished to a mere shadow of its former self. Now, only the Master of Laws and the Grand Maester remained loyal to their cause, isolated and outnumbered amidst a sea of opposition.