media info + prologue

ੈ♡

ੈ♡

dahlia rose gray was born into an extremely unfortunate family. her mother had her older sister at 18 and her father had abandoned her family when she was only 4. to make matters worse, her mother had become an alcoholic when dahlia was 13 and could be barely classed as a parent. this caused her and her sister daphne to step up and become the parent they craved for their younger sisters. they had to both get jobs and take care of their siblings since their mother no longer could. despite all of this, dahlia always had never ending compassion and unbelievable optimism. she was described to be the most positive and excitable person even after all that had happened to her.

her childhood friends harmony and skai had noticed when dahlia seemed busier than the average teenager and took it upon themselves to figure out why. they knew that the gray's were often unable to accept help, even when they desperately needed it, so asking her directly was out of the question. eventually, harmony had figured out there was something going on with dahlia's mother as she had noticed that she hadn't left the house in months, yet her eldest daughters were seen coming to and from work. she had confronted dahlia and was surprised when she broke down due to all of the pressure she was under. she felt as if she couldn't carry out her dreams of being a singer with harmony since she was going to be stuck fixing the mistakes her mother made.

from then on harmony's family had helped out as much as they could, offering to look after the younger gray's and help out with household chores. skai's family offered to let the girls stay over at their house to escape their mother. it was safe to say that the gray's had everyone in the neighbourhood looking out for them. and when dahlia's younger sister befriended leilani foden, they too helped those girls. they helped them financially, giving daphne the opportunity to go to university and also manage to get custody of her siblings. daphne going to university and getting a job as a pharmacist meant they no longer had to worry about money, so dahlia could finally live out her dreams of doing music.

she wasn't the only one of her friends who wanted this dream. daniella and harmony both wished to be singers, and insisted that they would all help each other. dahlia and harmony broke out onto the scene as songwriters, writing for huge artists and even helping their friend leilani. they were soon recognised for their own vocal talents and were signed onto labels and released their own songs. even after reaching this height of success, dahlia never forgot her roots. she knew that her family was her most important priority and that they were the reason she did what she did. this meant that dating was almost out of the question. every past partner she had eventually asked of her to prioritise them over her siblings. so of course, she would dump them and feel no remorse for doing so ( even if her cousin levi teased her for it ).