iii. LETTER OPENED

season four

episode five, match point

HIREATH walks the halls with Sage, "shit. I have to go with Moon to see her cheer practice..I'll see you later." Sage announces. Hireath waved goodbye to her, seeing Samantha. "Hey, Sam."

"Hireath!" She exclaims. "Did you hear? I guess my dad is gonna fight Sensei Lawrence?" Samantha explains. "Oh?" Hireath makes a confused face. "Yeah. I should've seen this coming."

Hireath shrugs, "maybe it will help." She recommends. "You're not actually gonna watch it, are you?" Hireath asks her. "Why? Should I not?"

"I mean..I wouldn't." Hireath replies, shrugging. Samantha sighs, "what should I do then?" Hireath quickly replied. "Nothing."

"What?"

Hireath nods, "come on. Why don't we do something? Forget their dumb fight." She recommends. Samantha looks at her, giving it some thought. She nods slowly, "okay..yeah, let's do that."

After school, they decided to go to some kind of diner. They ordered food and began to talk. This was the first time they hung out by themselves. "So, do you enjoy living here?" Samantha asks, smiling a bit.

Hireath nods, "yeah. I think it's good. Besides those people we ran into the other night.." She shrugs. Sam sighs, sipping her milkshake. "Yeah, Cobra Kai is like that.." So that's what they're called.. "Who was that girl?"

"Oh..that was Tory. Never liked her from the beginning." Sam replies quickly. Hireath chuckles. "Well, isn't that nice.." She jokes. Very nice, Sam.

"They've all been like that, but the tournament is coming up in a few weeks. I'm sure we can win." Hireath nods, "yeah." She agrees, playing with a stand of her hair.

"I've never competed in a tournament before, I don't know how it's gonna be.." Hireath explains, letting a deep breath out. "Don't worry. It'll be fine. We're taught by one of the best sensei's." Samantha brags.

Hireath laughed, "yeah. One's a dick and the other will probably cry if he touched a gun." Sam chuckles a bit, "I agree."

Samantha tilts her head. "Okay so..we're practically friends now. Is there anyway you can give me your number? Or instagram? Whatever you want." Samantha says with a smile.

Hireath felt her heart skip a beat, a few butterflies lingering in her stomach. "Yeah, let me see."

She proceeded to put her number in, handing Samantha back her phone. "Great. Thank you." She says, putting her phone back in her pocket. "You don't think the fights going bad, right?" Samantha asks her, Hireath shrugs.