ii. GONNA BE

season four

episode four, bicephaly

JOHNNY AND Anton were laying in bed, too lazy to put clothes on from earlier. "Come on, lay it on me." Johnny says, turning to face his boyfriend. "What?" He asks. "I know something's bothering you." He said.

Anton sighs. They let a wave of silence pass, before he spoke up.

"This case, I couldn't solve it so they turned it over to this other detective." He looks up. "I'm sorry...you should've told me before." Johnny says. "No. I needed that sex..I feel much better now. It's just..weird." Anton says. "I've never solved a case? How? Nothing much even happens here. It's a small place for gods sakes. And I'm the only damn detective here."

"I thought you said you were better now." Anton sighs. "You're right.." He kisses Johnny on the forehead. His phone then rang, Anton answering it. "Hello?"

"Oh..what?"

"Okay, I'll be there."

Johnny was confused, "what happened?" "Someone was murdered in an alley last night.." He makes a face. "Shit..you better go." Anton quickly got up, putting clothes on from the closet. He grabs his badge, kissing Johnny on the lips. "I love you. See you tonight."

Anton walks into the autopsy room, the crime scene was no bust. "Hey, Dr. Sanchez. Thanks for your help. Can you walk me through what you've found so far?" He asks the male doctor, shaking his hand.

"Of course, Detective. Based on the initial examination, it appears that this was not a natural death. The injuries sustained by the victim suggest foul play."

Anton sighs, nodding. "I had a feeling. Can you give me more details about the cause of death?" "it appears that the victim suffered a stab wound to the neck. The wound is deep and consistent with a sharp object, possibly a knife."

Why? Who would do something like this to someone here? This place doesn't have many...murders. "Any signs of defensive wounds or other injuries?"

"No..I didn't find any. Which is kind of weird. So no sign of defending or stuff like this."

Anton makes a face. "Thank you, Dr. Sanchez. This confirms my suspicions. We're dealing with a homicide here. I'll need to gather more evidence and interview potential witnesses. Anything else I should know?"

"At this stage, it's difficult to determine the exact time of death. However, based on the level of rigor mortis and body temperature, I would estimate it to be within the past 24 hours. I'll conduct further tests to gather more information."