Prologue - Early Death

Start from the beginning

</Confirmed. Constructing a blood-free body... Successful./>

What is this voice? Are you a sage of sorts?

</Confirmed. Extra Skill [Sage]... successfully acquired./>

I wanted to talk to the pretty voice but...

Something... was hurting...

"I-i'm s-cared m-ommy, daddy... it... i-t hurts so m-uch..."

"I-it'll be fine, Sweetie. Stay with mommy! Please! I-i..."

I want it... I want the pain to stop...

</Confirmed. [Pain Nullification]... successfully acquired./>

I was trying to call out to mommy but by then my eyes were already starting to fade. I didn't know what was happening... I wanted to play my game, I wanted to play Dungeon Quest on my console...

I didn't get to finish it at all... I wasn't great at it but I still wanted to finish until the very end...

</Confirmed. Unique Skill [Path of Destiny]... successfully acquired./>

Mommy? Could... please mommy, could you talk to me for a bit longer...

I'm scared... was... was that what they call at school a Predator, that was the bad man right?.. They told me to be careful around people like him...

</Confirmed. Unique Skill [Predator]... successfully acquired./>

...Please talk with me... I don't know what to do... please... I beg of you... mommy... please talk to me...

</Confirmed. Evolving Extra Skill [Sage] into Unique Skill [Great Sage]... successful./>

I don't wanna go... I can't go... I still have so much to do... I...

<Notice. Everything will be fine.>

I'm scared... I don't know what to do...

I tried to talk to mommy and daddy but I could only see their faces...

They're scared like me...

Please hug me mommy, daddy...

I want to hug you...

</Confirmed. Unique Skill [Yearning]... successfully acquired./>

Mommy was holding me in her arms and she was muttering something over and over. Dad was watching over us both...

I tried to listen to what she was saying but I couldn't make it out...

I tried to stay awake but I couldn't anymore...

I soon found myself slipping and falling somewhere...

I don't know where...

I don't know why...

Though soon enough...

I was finding myself in some sort of new world of sorts.

It felt...

Majestic...

</Confirmed. Extra Skill [Majesty]... successfully acquired./>

I drifted off through a place I didn't know.

I didn't know where I was heading to...

I didn't know what I was doing but I felt that my body was breaking apart.

I tried to keep myself together but it only continued to force me apart.

But then I was put back together...

I was scared... where was I going... What was I doing?

It's... so dark but yet so... wet?

Was it raining?

No, I would be cold if it were raining... right?

I tried to move around but I couldn't feel my hands... I didn't even feel my toes!

Where am I? Who am I? Why can't I remember anything, I can't remember the names of my family...

Did I even have a family?

What was I doing? Where was my body? I could move myself but it moved so weirdly...

Was I a snail? I can't see at all, it's dark but I could only feel around me.

Snails have eyes right?

Maybe I'm a snail. The way I move feels slimy... maybe I am a snail.

Wasn't I...

What was I again?

I tried to think back on it but I couldn't.

What was I?

I tried to move but I touched something weird...

It waved around weirdly...

Was this some sort of grass?

I kept moving towards it but before I knew it, it went inside of me and it disappeared as soon as it went into me.

Suddenly my head began to hurt like crazy, it was painful and the more the plant vanished, the more the pain continued.

It wasn't physical pain but it was like my head couldn't take it... head? Do I even have a head to begin with...

What was going on?

What am I?