𝐢𝐯. catching feelings

Start from the beginning

Finally, the two come crashing down together and Lindy relaxes her body on top of Spencer's for a moment and he holds her tightly as the two both catch their breaths. Lindy then decides to move off of Spencer to topple next to him on the bed.

I swear it's like it gets better every time, Lindy thinks to herself as she then cuddles up next to Spencer on the bed, her head resting on his chest as he wraps an arm around her, his fingers trailing up and down her spine as they both steadied their breathing.

Lindy looks up at Spencer, who looks like he's thinking about something. "What's going on up there?" She wonders, causing Spencer to lose his train of thought and look at Lindy. "Hmm?"

"You're thinking." Lindy says, nonchalantly. Spencer had a knack for thinking so it was no longer a surprise to her at this rate. It was like he did his best thinking after having sex.

Spencer shrugs, not wanting Lindy to worry about it but Lindy gives him a look that always makes him give in. And whenever he thinks he won't say anything, he ends up biting at the last second.

Which was he did just now.

"It's... just... things are still weird with Emily being back now. Especially with JJ." Lindy knew the story all too well. When Emily had "died" at the hands of Ian Doyle, Spencer was heartbroken. When he wasn't over at Lindy's, he was over at JJ's, who happened to know that Emily had been alive the whole time.

To say that Spencer was angry with how the situation was handled was an understatement. Spencer took all of his frustrations in the form of sex — to which Lindy was never complaining. But after they would be intimate, Spencer would be upset, worried if maybe he was going too rough on Lindy or maybe if he was going to lose Lindy the way he lost Emily.

About a couple of weeks ago, Spencer had gotten into an argument with JJ on a case about Emily. Things were okay, but they still seemed rocky. And Spencer seemed pretty iffy with what was going on. But Lindy didn't blame him, she listened to him vent about the whole situation. And she knew Spencer did the same thing for her.

"I thought things were okay with that?" Lindy wondered and Spencer sighs, "They were, they are. It's just... I think I just need more time to handle it. I'm sorry, I'm just... my brain's all scrambled now." He runs a hand through his messy hair.

Lindy shook her head, "Don't apologize, really. It's okay." Lindy knew that this was what friends did, they vented to each other about things, had each other's backs when they needed it. They were there for each other, in every way. Whether it was sex or just being there for each other, they were it. And plus, she always loved hearing Spencer talk. If she could go her whole life just listening to him talk, she just would.

Lindy sat up, looking on the ground for Spencer's shirt and as she puts the shirt on, Spencer then notices what she's doing. "You know, you're more than welcome to stay the night, right?" Lindy looks at him with a small smile on her face. "I know, silly."

Spencer knew that once in a while, Lindy would get insecure about her body, especially after sex. Her tell was that after any intimate moment they shared, if she was shirtless, she'd grab one of his shirt that had been a little bit bigger on her and put it on. And he wondered why she felt that way, considering she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. But when she would feel that way, he always cared for her, even in silence.