Chapter#1

Haleys pov

I'm at work when everyone starts freaking out and I get a phone call and it's my sister and I answer it.

Haley says"hello?

Coco says"haley it's the end of the world you need to meet me at the airport now.

Haley says"what?

Coco says"haley I need you to trust me as your sister I'm telling the truth our parents called me and told me it's real you need to leave now!

Haley says"ok, I'm leaving now.

I hang up and leave to the airport.

Coco says"thank god you made it.

Haley says"yeah, where's Brock?

Coco says"he didn't make it.

We get on the plane and the door closes and it takes off and we hit turbulence and hit my head and my head and pass out.

[my dream]

Man says"I will always love you.

He kisses my forehead.

[end of dream]

I gasp awake and look around scared.

Coco says"relax. Your fine you hit head when hit turbulence but your fine get dressed it's time for dinner.

Haley says"ok. Can I ask you something?

Coco says"if you must.

Haley says"have you ever had a dream that felt so real that you thought might be?

Coco says"no. What did you dream about?

Haley says"I don't know it there was this man and he said he would always love me but I couldn't see his face but it felt so real.

Coco says"well we know it's lie Haley you know no man has ever wanted you, right?

I look down and feel myself on the edge of tears.

Haley says"yeah you're right.

Coco leaves and a tear falls down my face and I wipe it and I get changed and go to dinner.

Mrs.venable says"we have a situation.

Gallant says"what situation?

Mrs.venable says"we had perimeter alert this morning. Something penetrated the grounds.  It was a carrier pigeon delivering a message from our benefactors.

Coco says"wait. A pigeon can we eat it?

Mrs.venable says"it was contaminated by the fall out.

Evie says"can we boil it?

Mrs.venable says"there are no more governments. Only rotting mounds of corpses, to many to bury. Starving people kill for a piece of bread. Three outposts have been overrun. We are the last vestiges of civilized life on planet. Be vigilant. Everything we know is gone. We will only survive if we follow the rules.there's a problem. We've detected a spike in the background radiation, centered in this room.

A lady comes by and checks us and she takes gallant and Stu and we all eat go to our rooms for the night.

[The next day at dinner]

A lady places our food in front of us.

Coco says"no cubes?

Mrs.venable says"nope.

Gallant says"where have you been hiding this?

Mrs.venable says"we have our resources.

I was hesitant to eat because it smelled weird. Everyone started to eat and I thought if everyone else is then I can and I start eating.

Timothy says"tell me this doesn't look like a finger bone. Oh my god the stew is Stu!

I stop eating and I start throwing up.

Coco says"Haley come here stick you fingers down my throat.

I stick my fingers down cocos throat and she starts throwing up and so does everyone else.

Mrs.venable says"don't be ridiculous.

Evie says"I don't care what it is it's delicious.

We all leave and go our rooms.

[eight months later]

Mrs.venable says"we're cutting back on food and so this will be our last breakfast.

Gallant says"this fucking bullshit! I can't fucking  do this anymore!

Coco says"I say we take our chances outside.

Mrs.venable says"no one's going anywhere.

Gallant gets up.

Gallant says"what are gonna do?!

All of a sudden an alarm goes off.

Mrs. Venable says"everyone go to your rooms now.

We all go to our rooms.

The end of the chapter.