Perfect Timing

Offroad was used to Daou's clinginess. Daou being possessive and jealous over anything that took away Offroad's attention from him was nothing new or abnormal. Offroad had made peace with it long ago when they first started dating. Being the youngest child of a large family Offroad understood Daou's behavior to a certain extent, especially his possessiveness. Offroad would never admit it to anyone, especially Daou but every time Daou got possessive or jealous of him, Offroad fell in love with him all over again. He liked the feeling of belonging to Daou. All his life Offroad had struggled to belong whether it was with his family, his school, or work, he always felt like the odd man out, the burden, the black sheep, and no matter how many times Offroad was reassured he wasn't the thoughts still lingered in his mind. With Daou it was different, Daou from the very beginning made sure Offroad and everyone around them knew Offroad belonged to him, that he was Daou's boy.

Offroad didn't need to be possessive or jealous of Daou, he knew his big puppy was his and Daou never looked in any other direction, this fact sometimes gave Offroad a big head with how much his ego swelled especially when Daou ignored an entire room full of people just to only speak with Offroad. This had sometimes rubbed people the wrong way Offroad was not ignorant to the looks he got from others who were begging for Daou's attention but could never grasp it. 

Today was no different, they had an event with other teammates but Daou wouldn't let Offroad out of his sight. The moment Offroad tried to step away for even a second he would feel a hand grip the back of his neck or his arm signaling from Daou that no he was not comfortable with Offroad walking away. If Offroad had managed to sneak away to go chat with a friend it wasn't long before he heard his name called from over the top of the crowd. And once he was back at Daous' side the questions would begin. 'Where were you?' 'Who were you talking to?' 'Why did you walk away from me?' Etc. Offroad would ignore the questions half of the time causing Daou to start sulking. For someone who was as tall as Daou, he knew how to act like the biggest baby sometimes.

Offroad was currently sitting on a couch in the green room waiting for Daou to finish with his individual photo shoot, he was exhausted after today and didn't have the social energy to deal with any more people or the round of 21 questions that him interacting with others would cause with Daou. So there he sat in a quiet room scrolling through his phone. He had already changed out of his outfit and was in some cargo shorts and a shirt.

The door opened as Daou walked in with a manager.
"You can relax but don't change just yet. I'll check with the photographer to see if we are all clear." The manager said as they shut the door behind them. Daou was wearing high-waisted dress pants with a button-down giving him a sleek elegant style look. They made eye contact with each other as a big smile spread across Daous face. He shuffled over to the couch and plopped down on it stretching the entire length and rested his head right on Offroads lap. 

"Aren't you happy to see me?" Daou joked, pinching one of Offroads cheeks hard.

"Of course," Offroad chuckled, returning the pinch to Daous cheek. Returning his attention back to his phone resting his hand on Daous chest tracing little circles absentmindedly. Offroads brain had shut down already for the evening.

"What's wrong?" Daou asked, gripping Offroads' chin and pulling his attention back on himself.

"Nothing, just ready to go home," Offroad said through his mushed lips. He wanted to curl up in bed and take a nap that lasted days. Offroad had tried to nap while he was in the room but the outside noise was too loud for him to fall into a deep sleep. Daou gave him an 'Are you sure?' look and Offroad smiled, patting Daous cheek lightly trying to offer him some reassurance. Daou released Offroads face and turned slightly onto his side burying his face into Offroads stomach.