Chapter 1: Reunions & Confusion

It was the first day back at Platform 9 3/4 in about 2 years for Lyric, and about 4 months since the events that occurred last year involving her best-friends Rose, Albus, and Scorpius. Lyric was in year 3 when she left Hogwarts to attend Ilvermorny with her father, Rolf Scamander. Her parents Luna Lovegood and Rolf Scamander, divorced in the beginning of her 3rd year, and her twin brother's 5th year. After the divorce, her parents decided it would be "in her best interest" to go with her father to North America for work and leave her whole life with it. Of course Lyric would come home every holiday to see her family and friends, but it still wasn't the same. That was until about 2 months ago, when her father got a call that she would be able to go back to London since her father's job as a Magizooligist was relocating him again. 

Lyric was ecstatic to see her friends again, but she didn't know if they would be the same since everything that happened last school year with Delphini Diggory. But obviously she had heard everything from Rose, Albus, and Scorpius. It seemed like they wanted to forget about it and start fresh with 5th year, so she was hopeful. It was about 7:30 when Lyric was standing with her mother and brothers, and saw the Potters and Grangers arrive to platform 9 3/4. She immediately started sprinting down to them and immersed in a hug with Rose. "You would think they would be sick of each other after all those face-time calls." Lysander remarked giggling about it with Lorcan. But Lorcan didn't feed into it, he was always much more kinder to Lyric than Lysander, just how they were. "Lyri!" Rose squealed. "Rose!"Lyric responded with an equal amount of excitement. after exchanging how much they missed each other, despite their excessive face-time calls, Lyric moved onto Albus. "Albus!" Lyric exclaimed. "Oh, now I get a hug? Clearly someone has a favorite." Albus joked. "Oh shut up!" Lyric said back. Quickly after, the Scamanders and Luna were catching up with the Potters and Grangers. Lorcan and Lysander talking to James who was Lysander's bestfriend. "So... how many welcome back partys are we gonna get to this weekend?" James asked nudging Lysander and Lorcan. "Uhhh, all of them?" Lysander responded knowing that they would be getting blackout drunk and making Lorcan the designated sober guy. "Waittttt, did Lyric get hot?" James shouted loud enough for the three kids to over hear. "Ewww James!" Rose shouted. "Ewww indeed!" Lyric added. "Cool it mate! that's my little sister!" Lorcan said. Lysander gave him a look that said it all. "Obviously I didn't mean it like that!" James defended himself, raising his hands as if he was getting yelled at by the police. The group all broke out into laughter. Luna began catching up with Harry, Ginny, Hermione, and Ron who thankfully did not overhear the boys. 

Soon after, the Malfoys showed up. The three ran over to Scorpius, but Lyric gave him a hug first. "Scorpius!" Lyric shouted. "Lyric!" Scorpius responded with. The four made their way to their own compartment. It wasn't until then that Lyric spotted spotted Albus looking at her almost the same way James did. Lyric looked at Rose for help. "Albus bud, take a picture it'll last longer." Rose remarked fixing her hair and straightening her posture. "Sorry.. but Lyric you really do look different..." Albus said immediately looking away and back down at his phone. Lyric knew she had grown since year 3, but was she really that different? I guess she has gone through puberty, and she started wearing makeup since the last time she had seen the Potters. Meanwhile Scorpius was staring at Rose. Scorpius has liked Rose for a while now and well after what happened last year it was just plain awkward between them. If you're wondering, he was NOT thinking of the Delphini Diggory incident, there was something else. Lyric looked to Scorpius to see that he was staring at Rose, but not in the way you're thinking, it was more like he was admiring her. Lyric decided to text Rose. 'uhhh care to tell me whats going on with you and scorpius????' Lyric stared at Rose until she caught on. 'Phone' is what Lyric mouthed to her while pointing to her own. 'nothing???' Rose responded. 'well the way Scorpius is staring at you tells me otherwise' Lyric threw back. Rose looked up and realized what she meant, not wanting to admit it, but she knew. 'ill tell you when we get to our dorm tonight, ok? now hop off!' she sent back. The two looked at each other and started laughing out loud not able to hold it in. The sudden noise snapped Scorpius from his gaze and back to his book. "What?" Albus asked. "Nothing!" the two responded with, in unison ,in quicker than a milisecond.

So, Lyric was confused. And Rose was confused. And Scorpius was confused. And Albus was confused.

Hi everyone!! it's mel, if you liked the first chapter let me know in the comments, and ill write the next five chapters!! sorry bout any spelling or grammar mistakes!! x