[ balcony ]

· · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · ·

Summary:
| gn || 1k words || froggy finds back to you after years of being away |

· · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · ·

It was midnight. You didn't bother to turn the lights on, the moon was shining abnormally bright on this night, and was flooding the room with its pale glow. You were up for a glass of water, but through your tired eyes you saw a silhouette on your balcony. You live several floors up, that shouldn't be possible. Looking closer, it was a rather small silhouette. Could it be...

You rushed to the glass door and slid it open to see none other than... Bullfrog. His feet dangling out underneath the railing of the balcony, he looked back and up at you. With an awkward smile he stood up, fishing his legs from beneath the railing and straightening his clothes.

"I was eh, hoping you'd notice me eventually..."

"Yeah.. I did." Your voice was quiet, breathless. In disbelief.

He let out a small nervous chuckle, averting his eyes. "I ehm... I brought you something..." He retrieved a small box from within his layers of clothes, holding it up to you expectantly. After you took it, he let his hands fall, standing there unsure of what to say next. "It's been a while, mon amour."

"How did you know where I live?"

"... Well, let's say I have my ways. Um, say, anything new in your life?" His eyes flickered up to meet yours for a moment. You shook your head slowly, still slightly in shock. But before you knew it, you'd fallen to your knees, arms wrapped tightly around the frogs small frame. "I thought I'd never see you again..." He stood, unmoving for a moment, processing what you'd just done, before his arms wrapped gently around your form. He rubbed your back gently with his hand. Slowly, you began to tear up, fully realizing the situation.

He was alive.

All this time, he'd been alive. You knew his work, you knew the complications, but not a single word? Not a hint? A sign of any sort? For years?

You heard your name, whispered softly, snapping you out of whatever thoughts were occupying your mind and bringing you halfway back to reality. You noticed your tears falling, tears of relief accompanied by soft sobs. You clung onto him tighter, afraid that he'd disappear once you let go, as if he'd turn to ash and disperse into the wind.

Once again he called your name, a little louder. "Yes..?" "You're holding me, really tightly. Not that I mind, but, are you alright?" You let go slightly to look at him, your cheeks stained with tears. He mustered a soft smile as he wiped away a tear from your face. "Ah, je suis désolé, ma chérie. Stupid question."

You sniffle and nod, a small smile on your face as well. Despite the years you've spent apart, believing he was gone, you still held an affection for him – and hearing these familiar names fall from his lips warmed your heart. "Let's... let's go inside," you mumbled, finally letting go of him and standing up. You held out your hand, and he took it, letting you lead him inside. After closing the door, the both of you sat down on the couch, his little present on the table. Gifts weren't on your mind at the moment.

"Where have you been?" A little calmer, but still shaken, you asked him the question. "Ah, that's complicated... A bit here, a bit there. But believe me, all I wanted to do was come back to you, mon amour." Not a satisfying response, but you suppose that's all you'd get. A sigh, then another question.

"What are you doing here?" "I came to see you," well duh. "Of course, but, you know. Why now, why ever, if you couldn't any other time." His eyes fell to the ground. "The heartache became too much. I had to see you, let you know I am still here, even if it was just once. I don't care what happens after." You nodded.

"So... you might face consequences for this?" It was his turn to nod, before looking back up at you. "I just had to. After all this time, I couldn't bear it anymore. I still love you, mon ange..." You sighed once again. "I love you too. Even in the belief that you were gone I still couldn't bear the thought of being with anyone else, so. I'm still here... still yours." Shyly, you looked away. It was strange to say it after all this time, it was as if he was a brand new person now, yet in his eyes you could see he was still the same as years ago.

Carefully, you placed a hand on his cheek, in which he leaned into. He wouldn't say it, but he'd missed your touch dearly. "I've missed you, you know." How could you not? The love of your life, gone on a mission to never return until now, and now that he'd done so, you couldn't be mad. "I have missed you too, mon amour."

WIth a small smile, you slid off his hood and leaned down, kissing the top of his head. Once more he leaned into your touch. As you pulled away, you watched his eyes open slowly to look at you, full of longing and desperation. He wanted to fix this, to make up for the years he'd been gone, to rid you of all your doubts and sorrows. The hint of pain in your eyes didn't help.

He took your hand in both of his own, removing it from his cheek and holding it tenderly. "I am so very sorry for all the pain it might've caused, but I've been forced to lay low. All my brothers and sisters, they..." You shushed him, pulling him into your lap and holding him close. "It's okay. You don't need to say anything you don't feel like." You stroked small circles on his back, feeling him lean into your chest.

"Je t'aime," you heard, slightly muffled by how he had his face buried into you. With a small sigh and a smile, you replied; "I love you too. You've no idea how much I've missed this..." He chuckled, raising his head to look up at you. "So have I, ma chérie." You leaned down to give him a kiss. Short, but sweet. As you leaned back and let his small frame lay on top of you, you knew he had to go eventually, but for the time being, you just enjoyed the moment.

· · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · ·

A/N: This was made in kind of a rush,
forgive me, I just needed to write something.

| 1083 words || 11th of April, 2024 |

· · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · ·