Chapter 2: The City of Dreamside

Chapter2: The City of Dreamside

So,after writing a letter to the address on the poster & sending itoff with the postman. I started to pack up some things for the trip,not knowing what I will face when heading to this Dreamside location.Impa made arrangements to manage the kingdom until I got back. Shealso gave two of her best scouts to ride along with me forprotection.

Isoon went to the town square to announce what my plans were to mypeople. "Citizens of Hyrule. Today, I'm heading out of Hyrule ona personal journey to clear my thoughts. I am heading to a placecalled Dreamside, a place catered to ease my mind & absolve mythoughts. I shouldn't be gone long, but in the meantime my guardian,Impa, will be carrying out my will for the kingdom until I return. Soplease give her the same reverence as you do for me. When I return, Ipromise I'll be a more effective person & able to take care ofthe needs of you all."

Afterthat, I mounted Epona. As you know from the other records, Epona wasthe horse that helped Link travel across Hyrule to save it. Malongave her to me as she was the most dependable horse for the duty totake me where I wanted to go. After that, I heard cheers fromeveryone.

"Safetravels Princess" "We will pray to the Goddess for you""Return to us safe and sound," said the Townspeople. I weptand smiled, and I said my goodbyes back to them as we set off for thesouthern border of Hyrule.

Ihave never been outside of Hyrule before Ganondorf took over; I wasnever sanctioned to leave the castle after my father took care of me.My mother passed away & Impa was always by my side during my moreyouthful years days to give me comfort. Nevertheless, as I waspassing out of Hyrule's southern border, I felt scared that I wasleaving my comfort zone, but maybe that is what kept me stuck withthe repeating nightmare & this was the first step to recovery.

Thejourney took about two days of travel on horseback; we traveled onthe path through some small woods to what became a clearing of a vastopen field larger than Hyrule's. As we came down the hill into thevalley, I saw a grand city at the center of the field with a massivemoat around it. The walls looked to be made of white stone, much likewhat the buildings that stood taller than the walls were also builtout of. There were four entries to the city, going towards North,South, East & West. As we came up to the North entry, I wasbrushed with a calm wind, which I did not think anything of it as thedrawbridge came down in front of me. In front of my party, two ladieslooked very Hylian and wore a deep blue garb that looked likesomething of a guard's uniform.

Oneof them spoke, "Welcome to Dreamside, Princess Zelda of Hyrule.My name is Remy or Rem for short. We are honored to be in yourpresence. Please come in, your journey here must have been tiring,let's get you & your escorts into the guest house. After youare settled and relaxed, I'll take you to the Master of Dreamside."

Aswe traveled through the city, my mind & eyes were in a state ofwonder. Theaters were hosting different plays, marketplaces whereloads of goods were being sold. The townspeople were all wearinggarments of different colors and styles from other lands, and maybebefore I leave the city, I will have to shop for some new garmentsmyself. The air was filled with the sound of calming music and thesmell of fresh apple pies that were cooling on the bakery windows. Mythoughts of wonder went to being curious, so I asked Rem about thecity.

"Howis it that I've never heard of this place before, is this city fairlynew?" I asked.

"Dreamsidewas founded over five hundred years ago." Rem explained, "Ourcity was founded on the idea to be a peace keeping place who everneeded comfort, in fact it was Goddess Hylia's idea which tasked thefirst sage of dreams to build an anchor location that seemed to be aclose connection to the spiritual or dream realm. I believe it wasHylia's intent to create these Dream or Silent realms so she couldtrain heroes so if evil returns, Hylia's champions would be ready tostop them. Over time the realms merged into a one which most peoplebelieve they go to another realm when they sleep, so we call it theRealm of Dreams."

Awave of shock fell upon me knowing of shock that our Goddess Hyliawas also helping founding places outside of Hyrule & making surethat when evil was around, there would be a hero that would link themback to her. "I wasn't aware that our Goddess Hylia was helpingother lands, because it isn't written in any of our ancient textsabout this place."

"Welleven Goddess's have their own secrets that they keep tight lippedfrom their followers," Rem replied as we approached the guesthouse. "Here we are, let's get you to your rooms."

Aguest house would be an oversimplification, and the house looked tobe a size of a small castle. It seems they want to treat everyonelike royalty. Rem took us to our spacious rooms. Attendants helpedwith our belongings and such. Then I landed on the bed and relaxedfor a quick spell. Oddly enough, I was able to have a different dreamthan what has plagued me in the past, which was a pleasant change.