22: Past

WHEN ELAINA OPENED HER EYES INTO THIS WORLD.

The faint voices of Aidan and Mabel talking about Elaina could be heard.

Alastor came rushing into the room with a small pout on his face.

"Why didn't you call me? You know I also wanted to see her!" He complained.

"Alright, alright. Come here." Mabel called.

Alastor came closer to them. He sat on Mabel's lap and looked at Elaina.

"She is cute, isn't she?" Aidan said.

"Yeah. I bet she's gonna be the prettiest girl in the whole world!" Alastor said with sparkles in his eyes.
_______________________________________

"Alright. It's time for bed, Elaina." Mabel said as she walked up to Elaina who was reading a novel.

"Already?" She frowned.

"I can sing you that lullaby if you want." Mabel said as Elaina turned to her.

"Alright I guess." She sighed.

Elaina got on her and Mabel sat down next to her.

Mabel started humming.

((A/N: I couldn't find anything better))

Elaina slowly closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

"Well, it seems like this always works."

Mabel gently stroked Elaina's hair not wanting to wake her up. She then got up and kissed her forehead.

"Good night."

She left the room.
_______________________________________

"What's the current status of the drought?" Asked Aidan as he held some documents in his hands.

"Its not looking good, Your Majesty. The people have reported about the water drying up really fast." One of the ministers said.

Aidan thought for a moment. Then he began,"I see. Esteban, how about we... Conduct a rain calling ceremony?"

Esteban got flashbacks about his rain calling ceremony years ago and what happened with Mabel.

"Absolutely not. I'm not risking Mabel ever again." He stated firmly.

"Its ok, father. I'm not gonna faint like that. Besides, Veron is not likely to attack anymore." Mabel said as she entered the hall.

"Mabel..." Esteban said turning his gaze to her.

Aidan smiled widely.

"Well, there you have it." Aidan said.

The next day all of them got ready to go to the droughted place. Elaina was still getting ready.

She heard a knock on the door. She went to open it. It was Alastor, he had been waiting for her for a long time.

"What's taking you so long?" He asked, it was clear that they were getting late.

"Sorry. But I'm ready!" Elaina replied, Alastor's face lit up.

They went to the carriage and sat in it. Alastor sat with Elaina, just in case if a crisis arises.