𝟐𝟔 | 𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟

Start from the beginning

"I'm okay..........ribs hurt that's all," I inhale sharply, clutching underneath my chest realising my entire chest, and right shoulder bound in gauze and feeling a patch on the side of my neck. I take a moment to gather the air from the little movement, finding it difficult to breath. Like I said before, my entire body felt like lead that the pain was unbearable but manageable. Adjusting my body a little, threads of hair gather around my face irritatingly. 

Soon I felt his fingers thread through my locks as he was closer, before he gathers all my loose hair in a loose and failed bun. 

"Geez, I can't even do this right," He grumbles under his breath, with his usual scowl. The way his eyes focus on my hair with such detail, and precision it made me feel flustered. He tries to fix it again, and second time is the charm as he manages to fix it. "You girls really have it rough--"

A small gentle chuckle follows, "Hair is barely nothing to cope with," I assure him, keeping my voice barely a whisper to how sore my throat was. It must've been crushed, from the attack two weeks ago. "Seriously, you're doing alright to not let it annoy me........thank you."

He gets all flustered as red dusts across his cheeks sheepishly, "Shut up, I just......trying to help you at least......tch...."

With a weak smile I glance to the side, seeing a beautiful bunch of iris' bathing in the sunlight by the window pane. 

Still trying to understand what had just occurred at my mission, it all came back upon him over and over again. His eyes I could no longer forget anymore, finding them more clear and filled with such resentment and malice. The worst has just begun, not even realising that my own father was no longer human but the devil and enemy of what he tried to go against. He's become something I hated most, but despite my circumstances I still feared him. 

"My, my........you seem healthy and alive," A familiar voice breaks me out of my thoughts, before meeting her soft lavender eyes. 

"Shinobu....."

She gives me her usual amicable smile, "Glad to see you're well and awake," walking up with a tray of supplies, before she ushers Sanemi to the side. She walks over to me, and lifts my chin and held a small little light in hand and shines it my eyes. "You're not dilated, which is good.....seems the concussion has gone away......."

"When will I be discharged?"

Sanemi went to protest when Shinobu cuts him off, "Actually, I've sent a messenger to crow to Lady Amane Ubuyashiki......" She spoke up, mentioning the masters wife. "......she wanted to personally assign you to her estate, judging by the battle on Mount Setagaya. Your body won't full recover for a few more weeks, but you're able to attend important matters such as......" 

She was suddenly hesitant, but I knew what she was meaning. Ryuji's grave.

The thought kept running through my head, refusing believe he's left me on earth. How can he so selfish to leave me, when he didn't fight death. He didn't even try to stop the bleeding, let alone total concentration as if he wanted this. Slowly but surely my breath hitches in realisation, as my blood runs cold finally understand what he was trying to do. 

But why? How can that idiot do this to himself?! To me?!

"S-Suicide.........." I inaudibly spoke, with a shaky breathe. My hair messily cover my eyes, feeling that tight sensation swelling in my chest. It felt like a heavy boulder crushing me in the inside, that I couldn't hardly breath as I try to gasp for air. My hand shakes violently, grasping the edge of my binds to hold myself. It felt too much. 

"She's having a panic attack........!" The nurse yells in alarm, only hearing her voice becoming muffled with my ears ringing. 

Trying to gather air into my lungs, I felt it exhaling too much that it left a burning sensation in the depth of my throat. The chills running up my arms and back made hairs stand on end, and the shortness of breath made it harder to gather air.