Chapter Three

The kiss left me in shock throughout the show which I tried to conceal. I didn't want Brent to think I had actually enjoyed it.

But still. They got that on camera.

I made my way down to Cody's dressing room after his performance to congratulate the guys. Well not Parker.

I knocked on the door labeled •>Betterthanyou<• , laughing. I had no idea why their band was named that.

The door opened a crack and and I grimaced back at the gold flecked green eyes that glared back at me.

"What are you doing here?" Parker snapped.

"I wanted to see Cody?" It sounded like a question.

He glanced over his shoulder at Cody, "Oh it's no one. Just a cleaning lady."

With that he slammed the door. Wow. Way to deprive me of my best friend. I kicked it open and stormed in.

"No, it's the trash collector. Come on Parker, you need to go," I half yelled.

Cody let out a small chuckle and smiled, "You were great, B!"

I wrapped my arms around his waist, beaming, "So were you guys."

Bryce, the band drummer, emerged from somewhere in the back and grunted at the sight of me. "Better Than You. Get what I did there?" He muttered.

It's not that Bryce and I didn't get along, he was just more of the antisocial type.

I grinned over my shoulder, "Aren't you just a little wallflower?"

His pale cheeks tinged red and he slid down behind his drum set.

I turned back to Cody, "Um, you didn't happen to hear anything backstage did you? Maybe like about my manager?"

He raised his eyebrows, "No, why?"

I shrugged. Good, none of them knew what Brent did.

"You wanna hang out tonight, Cody? Or are you busy?" I asked, trying to change the topic. "You know, so we can catch up."

"Sure," he smiled. "Lets go get seats for the awards."

I gladly followed him down the hallway and through the back stage shortcut where we had reserved front row seats as we were the competitors.

He nudged my shoulder lightly, "I don't know what you were talking about earlier, but just look at your manager now."

I glanced quickly to my right and immediately continued walking, pulling Cody with me.

I did not want to see that. I couldn't shake that out of my mind now that it was there. Brent, with a girl on his lap, practically sucking each other's faces off.

"Come on, let's go."

He looked concerned, "Something wrong?"

"Let's go get the seats," I shrugged.

Why would Brent kiss me? And then this happened?

We sat down in our seats listening to the commentator talk about tonight's show.

A small comment on Hayden and I's past relationship leading up to this and some talk about who he thinks will get the awards tonight.

Cody squeezes my hand softly. He knows I don't deal with that topic well.

Ten minutes later the seats are completely packed and drumroll fills the entire stadium.

The third place winner is about to be announced.

The announcer taps the mic to silence the audience... "And the third place winner is the outstanding band Better Than You!"

I break into a smile, and push Cody up from his chair, "Nice job Co! Go get that award."

He joins the other three members of the band on the stage and smiles for the cameras which are madly clicking away.

Hamilton, the other lead singer, grabs the mic, "Thank you guys so much! We wouldn't have gotten here without all the support and honestly I don't know how we even did get here!"

They were basically another One Direction. You could tell by the screaming obsessive girls that were basically freaking out over them.

Cody sat back in his seat, leaning forward to avoid all the girls trying to touch him from behind.

I laughed as they began a drumroll for second place... "Second place- Alycia Hart!"

As she collects her award, I think this out. This means the probability is most likely either me or Hayden winning.

Alycia exits the stage and the stadium is filled with whispers.

"Give me a drumroll for the first place award!" The announcer proclaimed.

The thundering was enough to make me deaf. "First place... is... "

***

Hey guys! Sorry to keep you waiting. But I like suspense >:) V O T E if you liked the chapter and comment suggestions for the book. Hope you liked and sorry if this book just keeps getting weirder😂 Go follow Matt Espinosa on Instagram who I thought would look like Parker.

•@matthewespinosa• if you have it

Thanks for reading!

Random question: What's the best social media?

Twitter is my fav😜

~twicethespice~