01

Kabanata 1

"Nice meeting you Amariah!"

Then he left. Leaving me absolutely breathless. Not because of his final remark but because he was the only person i talked to that didn't make me shiver and sweat like crazy. Although i am extremely shocked and pissed because of his attitude, relief and fascination completely overruled those feelings.

How can one be comfortable with someone they just met? All my life i've been imprisoned to my own fears-yet he took out the buried emotions underneath it so instantly. Why was it that with him i was able to be mean and expressive while completely disregarding my fears?

I stood there for a while then i realized,

"Shoot late na ako!"

I looked at my watch then immediately ran as fast as i could. I didn't even had time to care about the eyes that followed my speed because i was just so focused on arriving on time for my class. First day na first day tapos late agad ang ibu-bungad ko? No way!

Breathless, i stood in front of a classroom. I looked at my schedule in my phone because the room assigned for me was also written in there. Room 2, bldg. 4, class B. I looked up the sign outside the classroom and when i got the verification i needed, i took three long and deep breaths then exhaled. God, please help me survive this school year.

I walked inside the classroom then i realized most of the seats were already taken. I wandered my eyes then i saw a vacant chair near the front, it was perfect for me because i have bad eyesight.

Kaya nga lang it was beside that annoying boy from earlier. Geez what were the odds? God bakit ganito, bakit siya? Of all the handsome men i prayed for siya pa talaga ang napili niyong tao para manggulo sa akin? And why did we have to be classmates! Also, why the heck did they vacate that seat? That was literally the perfect seat.

It was two seats away from the board, near an electric fan, and has an adequate amount of sunlight coming in it . Not to mention gwapo pa ang magiging seatmate mo, what more would you want? Not that it was much of an advantage but wouldn't that be enough of a perk? I mean you could look at him if you were bored in class or you might even develop feelings for each other. Boom! Instant boyfriend.

Shoot! Why was i sounding so obessesive and delirious? Gwapo nga siya pero ang pangit naman ng ugali. Feeling.

Since i had no other choice and it seems like the teacher was about to come in, i just walked towards a vacant chair at the back of the room. I have bad eyesight but i should sacrifice that because of that boy! I looked around the classroom and noticed wala palang electric fan sa side ko so it was super hot. Now i know why this seat was left vacant, sino bang matinong tao ang gustong umupo sa pinakalikod, walang electric fan, tapos wala pang masyadong light na pumupunta! I felt bad for my eyes pero sana nga mag-rearange pa sa ma'am.

I was busy fiddling with my chair then i noticed someone looking at me. Nagtama ang tingin namin then i realized it's him. We looked at each other for a few seconds then he looked away and stiffled a smile. What's so funny? Is he laughing at me? Nakakainis! Parang gusto ko pang dagdagan yung stain sa shirt niya! Shame on him!

I noticed his friends was also sitting near him because they seem to be very loud together. Looks like inaasar pa nga siya sa girl nila na kaibigan. How annoying.

I was looking at them so intently then i realized nandyan na pala si ma'am. Dali-dali akong tumayo causing me to make a loud sound. Why. Why. Lord parang awa mo na let me be invisible again. Di ko na kaya ang amount of embarassments ko today! Everyone of the class looked at me-even him! I cleared my throat and pretended to fix my hair while looking away from the whole eyes that were watching me.