Chapter 5

POV Ben
It was already quite late, in general Mia would be up for hours already. So I decided to make her something for breakfast. I wonder what would she like? Since she is sick, let's make something liquidity, so she won't have to chew a lot.
I did check the food supplies. Milk, vanilla extract, semolina and fresh berries. Perfect, all ingredients for Semolina porridge.
I started to boil the milk while thinking of yesterday evening.
She did look so adorable when she lied there all curled up under her her sheets, her stuffy close to her chest and her paci in her mouth. She did look so peaceful.
I did fill the porridge into an bowl and topped it with some fresh berries, grabbed a cup of tea, and went upstairs.

Her room still was dark, the air in here was horrible too. I placed her breakfast on her desk and opend the window, just enough to let some fresh air and sunlight in so my princess, uhm I mean Mia, gets better soon. I did hear her sheets moving.
I saw her hiding under the sheets now, she must woke up. I kneeled next to her bed.
„Good morning there, how did you sleep?"
I heard her mumble something, but didn't understand a word.
„I made breakfast for you, are you hungry?"
She liftet her blanked and looked at me with curious yet tired eyes.
„Come un, sit up" I told her and gave her her porridge.
She did gave me an angry, almost protesting look.
„Whats up Mia, you gotta talk, I can't read your mind"
She still seemed to be little, and extremly non-verbal, wich made communicating with her quite complicated.
„Do you wanna have something else to eat?"
No
„Do you not want to eat at all?"
No
„So you want to eat this porridge?"
Yes
„But why wont you eat it"
She started to „talk" with her hands, pointing on the food, her mouth and... me?
„You... want me to... feed you?"
She did smile, clap her hands in excitement, I took that as an yes.
I sat on the chair, next to her bed, and started feeding her, little by little.
With every spoon, she scooted over to me a bit, till she was kind of lieing between me and the bed.
„Oh Mia, what are you doing, hm?"
She did look at me with big eyes and tried to climb on my lap.
I lifted her up,  sit on her bed and placed her on my lap, so she still could be all warm covered under her blanket.
She grabbed her Teddy and let me peacefully feed her.
When we finished she snuggled up on my chest and hugged me tight, so I won't leave. I caressed her back while giving her now and then some tea so she can get better soon.