I took the bowl from Aunt Li, picked up the spoon, scooped out some porridge, blew on it, fed some to it, and said softly: "Mom, can you eat a little? Let's just eat a little..."

She looked at me hesitantly, then finally opened her mouth and swallowed the porridge.

I saw the complete trust and dependence in her eyes as she looked at me, and her nose suddenly became sore. She quickly turned her head and coughed covertly, holding back her tears.

After asking Aunt Li to help take care of my mother, I rushed to the supermarket in the afternoon and found the manager. I explained my situation and asked if I could advance my salary. The manager shook his head and rejected me, "Xiao Mu, I know it's not easy for you. But our supermarket has never had such rules... Think about it, if I agree to you and everyone comes to me to advance their salary, what will I do? ?"

I was disappointed, but I could understand the manager's embarrassment.

I asked the manager for a day off and walked out of the supermarket.

When I got to the street, looking at the crowds of people coming and going, I suddenly felt confused. Where should I go to raise money next?

I had already quit my job in the hotel, my things had been stolen, and the numbers of my colleagues and clients on my phone were all lost, and I didn't have a friend who could help me at this time.

Think of ways to make money quickly.

Selling blood?

Even if I drain all the blood from my body, I still can't come up with 50,000 yuan.

Selling yourself?

I smiled bitterly in my heart, let alone my ordinary appearance and figure, I couldn't sell it. Even if someone really wanted it, how much would I be worth?

A thought suddenly flashed through my mind. I stood there and hesitated for a long time. Finally, I found an Internet cafe nearby and sat down in a remote corner.

I turned on the computer, stretched out my hand, hesitated for a while, and finally took a breath and typed the words "selling kidneys" in the search bar.

Press Enter, and many related web pages will appear in front of you instantly. Some are news about police solving crimes, and some are posted by inquirers like me, but here is a chorus of opposition:

[This is illegal in our country. 】

[Losing a kidney will have a great impact on your body, and you may regret it for the rest of your life. 】

[Please consider it carefully. 】

The cold words fell into my heart one by one, and I almost wanted to close the webpage, get up and leave. But some pictures flashed through my mind instantly: the way my mother lowered her head to peel eggs for me, the way she handed me the yellow cloth bag, the way she sat by the trash can waiting for me...

In the end, she covered her stomach and curled up on the ground.

I expressionlessly closed those web pages that were full of dissuasion and continued to search for the information I wanted on various websites. Finally, I found a few numbers. I took out my phone and wrote down the numbers, cleared my browsing history, turned off the computer and left the Internet cafe.

I went to a nearby park and found a deserted place. I took out my mobile phone and started dialing those numbers. The first two were prompted to be out of service, and in the third one, the phone rang for a long time before someone finally answered.

"Hello." There was a response and then there was no sound.

"Hello, I want to sell my kidney."

...

After talking for almost an hour, the other party was very wary, always doubting my identity, and asked me a lot of questions before agreeing to match me. After hanging up the phone, I sat at the pavilion in the park and waited for a reply. Looking at the lush trees in front of me and the people with smiles on their faces who occasionally passed by, I felt at a loss.

It only took half an hour for the other party to call me back. Probably because I was young and had repeatedly promised that I had no medical history. Soon someone asked me to send a full-body examination report. If there were no problems, they were willing to pay 100,000 for my kidney. .

"100,000? Can it be higher?"

"Hey, young man, 100,000 is already very high. It's very risky for us to do this. If you weren't young, you wouldn't be able to get this money! Speaking of which, there are very few young people like you selling kidneys..." Over there Barabara spoke up.

I held the phone tightly and smiled bitterly in my heart. Who would be willing to sell their organs if they were not desperate?

[Perhaps you will regret it for the rest of your life]

The sentence I saw online suddenly popped into my mind.

For a lifetime?...

It doesn't matter, I'll trade my health for my mother's life.

worth.