𝟏𝟎 | 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲.

Lori's POV

Lori's POV

There are over 7 billion people that make up the world's population or at least there were. A person could live a long life and still die not even meeting the one percent.

It's mind blowing how there are so many of us and yet not two are the same. We're all unique in mind, body, and spirit. I know that the friendships I'm making with these people would've never happened before. Our lives wouldn't have even crossed paths.

I believe that despite all of the things that make us different we have survived this long for the same reason. The will to live. Our reasons for wanting to live may not be the same but we want to so we lean on one another.

I live for my brother, my son and for my husband.

"So you're planning on supporting Rick with going to the CDC even though it's a mistake?" Shane tries to recruit me into helping talk 'sense' into Rick

"Of course I will. He's my husband."

"I know you want to be a good wife but you can't tell me fixing your marriage is worth putting people are risk." The nerve of this man.

"Folks around here can make up their mind without bringing my marriage into it."
I say while trying to keep my voice at a normal volume.
"That's a habit you need to break."

"Add it to the list along of ones I need to break whether I want to or not."

"What habits?" Rick stepping out of the RV sends a shiver through my body. Had he heard the whole conversation? Did I say anything wrong? I don't remember. How do people live like this?

Shane tries to cover our history with a lie, "Just my need for a plan man. We leaving or what? Staying here?"

"I was just telling Shane that I think we should trust your gut." It was my own cheap much like his comment. A screw you to Shane making him hang his head in shame.