𝖎𝖎𝖎. heartache.

chapter three, heartache.

                                                              BY THE NEXT MORNING, the castle was bursting with life

                                        BY THE NEXT MORNING, the castle was bursting with life.  Everyone was preparing for the tournament for the new heir.  Smiles were shared all around, everyone brimming with excitement, but no one was as excited as the Royal Family.  

In the chambers of the Princess Daenys stood four girls.  The youngest Princess, her sister, and her two closest friends, Aelora Tyrell and Alicent Hightower.  Together, they helped the Princess Daenys get ready as she had left it until the last moment to do so.  

"Where are your other handmaidens? "  asked Rhaenyra, finally, as she moved to look through Daenys' jewelry.  

Unlike her sister, Rhaenyra had been ready for quite some time as Alicent insisted they get ready early.  Rhaenyra would not be surprised if Alicent had an inkling that Daenys would not be ready for a while.  Her dress was red, one of her favorite colours.  Alicent had a blue dress and Aelora's was yellow.  The Princess had insisted her sister to wear red with her too, but Daenys was adamant on wearing a light purple.  Unfortunately, it seemed she could not find the dress she was searching for. 

Daenys let out a puff of air, blowing a piece of hair away from her face for a moment.  It had been put up in a half-up-half-down bun, her hair curled, thanks to Aelora who had always been the best with doing their hair.  

"I let them occupy themselves with other duties.  I thought all I needed were you three to make me look pretty."  

"You look beautiful by yourself, Princess,"  assured Aelora. 

Daenys thanked her, turning back to her dresses.  "I would look beautiful if I could find a dress...  I do not want to arrive at my brothers tournament in my garments!

"You are very confident the babe will be a boy."  Alicent commented.  

"I felt him kick,"  said the Princess.  "I cannot explain it but ─ thank you ─ "  Rhaenyra finally finds a necklace and helps Daenys put it on.  "Whenever I look at mother, I see it.  A boy in her arms with a tuff of white hair...  and eyes like mine."  She smiles, looking at herself in the mirror.  She adds, much quieter,  "But just a bit darker..."