Farewell

After leaving the room, I see Ion waiting for me. I approach him to tell him my plan.

"Ion, I will go with them to Earth. I do not know when I will be back, so I need you to take care of the kingdom. And Ares. He will be in charge while I am gone. But he has no experience, so help him. If anything happens, just call me. Understood?"

"I do not think this is a good idea, but I will assist you, Your Majesty." Ion replies.

"Good."

"Where is Ares, Ion?"

"He said he was visiting the gardens, Your Majesty."

"Okay, let us find him." I say to the Avengers, expecting them to follow me.

We walk through the palace until we reach the beautiful gardens. All four elements are represented here but Ares mostly goes to the Water part. I know Ares likes to come here because he can practice his waterbending by the large water fountain.

The garden:

I see him waterbending

"Ares!"

He turns and lets the water return to the pond.

"Sister?"

"I don't think you got a chance to introduce yourself." I point at the Avengers behind me.

"No, I didn't."

Ares and I were inseparable as children. As the younger child, my parents were never really mean or strict with him like they were with me, but I always wanted to protect him no matter what. I still do. But since I became queen, we do not really spend much time together. As mean as it sounds, I just do not have a lot of time for him. Being queen is not easy. I have so many people depending on me. I have no room for error. I cannot afford to screw up, because if I screw up, lives are going to be lost. So Ares has had to learn to play on his own, and I think he kind of hates me for it.

"Hey. I am Ares. God of water. That means I can bend and change water as I please. As you have probably already seen. I am also taking lessons for the other elements, but I am not ready yet."

"What does that mean? You can bend more elements like your sister?" Bruce asks.

"Well, in a way, yes. When my sister ascended to the throne, she unlocked her ability to control all four elements. All kings or queens are. So once I am king, I will be able to bend all the elements." Ares explains.

"So technically anyone can bend the four elements?" Steve asks.

"No, only if you have royal blood. Like us. We are born with it, but we cannot use the powers until we are king or queen." Ares replies.

"Ares. I will go with them to defeat Thanos. You will stay here with Ion. I trust you with our people. If anything happens, call me immediately. Do you understand?" I say to Ares changing the topic.

"But I can go with you and help you!"

"No! It is too dangerous for you. This is not just anyone, Ares. It's Thanos. You will stay here."

Silence.

"Do you understand?" I say sternly, waiting for a response.

"Yes."

Ares' POV:

My sister always thinks she's better than everyone else. Just because she's queen doesn't mean she's right.Just because she's a queen doesn't mean she can treat me like a child. I am strong enough. I don't need a babysitter. I have been training for this situation every day. She doesn't even know me. You will see, sister!"

"Keep practicing. I will be leaving." I bid farewell and board the ship with the Avengers.

Destination: Earth.